Turbosound TPZ153-64 3-Way 15-Inch Arrayable Speaker
Arrayable 3 Way 15" Full Range Loudspeaker for Installation Applications
Prague TPZ153/64The 3-way full range TPZ153/64 is a switchable bi-amp/tri-amp 15" 3,400 Watt arrayable loudspeaker system that is ideally suited for a wide range of speech and music sound reinforcement applications. The TPZ153/64 is designed to work in conjunction with Turbosound loudspeaker management systems, providing optimal FOH performance, as well as offering considerable flexibility to readily adapt to varying venue requirements.
The TPZ153/64 arrayable loudspeaker features a carbon fibre loaded 15" low frequency driver with an inside/outside wound low mass voice coil for improved transient response, a carbon fibre loaded 8" high sensitivity mid range driver, and a titanium dome 1.4" neodymium motor high frequency compression driver mounted on a rotatable 60° horizontal by 40° vertical waveguide. The mid range and high frequency drivers are matched with an internal passive crossover network in a reflex-loaded enclosure, and bi-amp or tri-amp mode can be enabled by means of a rear panel switch.
Finished in a highly durable semi matt black paint, the cabinet is constructed from 15 mm (5?8") birch plywood – and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille backed with reticulated foam. Internal M10 threaded rigging points are provided for suspension in any orientation, or mounting with dedicated brackets – available separately. The TPZ153-FK fly kit is also available for suspension of three TPZ153 enclosures with array angles ranging from 50 - 90° in 5° increments. The rear panel connector plate carries Neutrik speakON* NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link connections to additional enclosures.
Architecture & Engineering SpecificationsThe speaker shall be of the full range, three-way switchable bi-amp/tri-amp type consisting of one 15" (394 mm) LF driver, one 8" (200 mm) MF driver, and one 1.4" (36 mm) HF compression driver. Performance specifications of a typical production unit shall meet or exceed the following: frequency response, measured with swept sine wave input, shall be flat within ±3 dB from 45 Hz to 20 kHz and within -10 dB from 38 Hz to 20 kHz. Nominal dispersion, at -6 dB points, shall average 60° H x 40° V, rotatable. Nominal impedance in tri-amp mode shall be: HF: 6 Ohms, MF: 8 Ohms, LF: 8 Ohms. Nominal impedance in bi-amp mode shall be: MF/HF 8 Ohms, LF 8 Ohms. Power handling in tri-amp mode shall be: HF: 75 Watts continuous, 300 Watts peak, MF: 200 Watts continuous, 800 Watts peak, LF: 650 Watts continuous, 2,600 Watts peak. Power handling in bi-amp mode shall be: MF/HF: 200 Watts continuous, 800 Watts peak, LF: 650 Watts continuous, 2,600 Watts peak. Sensitivity, measured on axis, mean averaged over stated bandwidth, 1 Watt @ 1 metre, shall be HF: 109 dB, MF: 107 dB, LF: 97 dB. Maximum SPL (peak), measured at 1 metre with music program at stated amplifier input, in tri-amp mode shall be: HF: 134 dB, MF: 136 dB, LF: 131 dB; in bi-amp mode: MF/HF 134 dB, LF: 131 dB. Dimensions: 967 mm high x 559 mm wide x 656 mm deep (38.0" x 22.0" x 25.8"). Net weight: 43.3 kg (95 lbs). The loudspeaker system shall be the Turbosound TPZ153/64. No other loudspeaker shall be acceptable unless submitted data from an independent test laboratory verifies that the above combined performance / size specifications are equaled or exceeded.
- Arrayable 3 way full range loudspeaker for installation applications
- Rotatable waveguide with 60° H x 40° V dispersion
- 850 Watts continuous, 3,400 Watts peak power
- Carbon fibre loaded 15" low frequency driver with inside/outside wound coil
- Carbon fibre loaded 8" high sensitivity mid range driver
- Titanium dome 1.4" neodymium motor compression driver
- Multiple array configurations for extended coverage
- Switchable passive/bi-amp/tri-amp operation for flexibility of use
- Trapezoidal cabinet shape enables visually unobtrusive loudspeaker arrays
- Multiple internal rigging points allow bracket mount and suspension in any orientation
- 15 mm (5/8") birch plywood enclosure with hard wearing semi matt black paint finish
- Architecturally styled powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Neutrik speakON* NL4 and barrier strip connectors
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.