LA-610 Classic Tube Recording Channel
The LA-610 brings UA’s legendary vintage "all tube" luxury sound into a modern channel strip format by combining the 610 Mic-Pre/EQ/DI section and a T4 Opto-compressor into a single 2U unit with a ground-breaking price.
The 610-tube preamp,DI and EQ is from UA's TEC award winning 6176 and is based on the legendary console modules developed by Bill Putnam in the 60's. Countless classics have been recorded using these preamps, noted for their musical character and warmth.
The simple operation and program dependent nature of the LA-610 T4 compressor provides the same extremely musical control that has made the LA-2A such a well-loved classic for over 40 years.
The LA-610 packs tremendous sonic versatility and is an ideal front-end for tracking with modern DAW’s and the serious project studio looking to get the UA sonic experience : real quality and character at an accessible price.
In collaboration with Dennis Fink, one of the original UREI® analog design engineers, the LA-610 was carefully designed to deliver the essence of the “LA” sound but without the costs of being an exact LA-2A component clone. The LA-610 uses three 12AX7A’s, a single 6072A and a single 6AQ5 tube for amplifier warmth and overall tonal balance.
After the preamp section, the LA-610 offers a new T4 optical compressor. The electro-optical detector or "T4 cell”, is the very heart and soul of the Teletronix LA-2A. The unique combination of electroluminescent panel and photo-resistors inside the T4 cell are the crucial circuit components that give both these compressors their signature sound.
- Legendary Bill Putnam 610 tube mic pre and EQ used on countless classic recordings
- Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 opto-compressor
- Complete vintage channel-strip at groundbreaking price within project studio reach
- Mic Pre with Gain and Level controls, variable impedance switching, and Instrument DI for recording tone “color”
- UA build quality and heritage, audiophile components, hand-assembled in the USA