2192 Master Audio Interface
The 2192 Master Digital Audio Interface is the first product to combine Universal Audio’s long history of creating high-quality, vintage analog gear with its advanced digital technology. While features like sample rates up to 192K, realtime transcoding between AES/EBU, S/PDIF and ADAT, and support for single and dual wire AES modes are sure to impress, what really sets the 2192 apart is its Class-A analog circuitry, which provides luscious detail and clarity, while retaining the warmth and character of the original source, features typically not found in digital units.
The soul of the 2192 is the analog circuitry used in the A/D and D/A converters.
The 2192 serves as an extremely high-quality digital to analog and analog to digital converter. If, for example, you’re working on a digital console, or workstation, that utilizes higher sample rates, the 2192 can dramatically improve your monitoring environment and/or the quality of your analog masters. As a front end for a native workstation, the 2192 provides two channels of sterling sound quality for tracking, monitoring and mastering.
The 2192 also offers tremendous flexibility in signal routing and monitoring. You can, for example, run signal into the analog inputs, at samples rate ranging from 44.1K to 192K, and simultaneously output it to AES/EBU (single- or dual-wire), S/PDIF and ADAT (with industry standard S-MUX interleaving for sample rates above 48kHz). The selectable output monitor allows you to monitor any of the digital inputs, or the analog input with no interruption of the transcoding.
Now you don’t have to choose between advanced digital features and old world analog quality, the 2192 delivers both.
- Ultra-low noise 44.1kHz – 192kHz A/D and D/A converters
- Low jitter internal clock source provides 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz sampling rates
- DC-coupled, fully dual-differential, matched-FET, all discrete Class-A, no-compromises analog signal path
- No capacitors in the signal path to degrade sound quality or introduce phase distortion
- 2 channel ADAT S-MUX I/O for 44.1 to 48kHz transmission of 44.1 to 192kHz audio
- 2 Channel transformer coupled AES/EBU I/O (44.1kHz – 192kHz)
- Support for single and dual wire AES/EBU at 96 and 192kHz rates
- 2 Channel transformer coupled S/PDIF I/O (44.1kHz – 192kHz)
- Realtime transcoding between digital formats
- Independent digital and analog output routing
- 4 parallel 75 ohm BNC Word Clock outputs for jitter-free and reflection-free clock distribution
- separate 75 ohm BNC Word Clock inputs capable of synchronizing to 1x house clocks while running at higher 2x and 4x sample rates
- Front panel Sync-Lock indicator
- Sturdy front panel rotary switches provide Clock, Sample Rate, Analog Output and Digital Output source selection
- Full 24-bit digital signal path throughout
- No digital processing of the audio signal
- Multi-segment LED bargraph metering on all analog inputs and outputs, with timed peak-hold digital overload (input) and digital peak (output) indicators
- Internal universal auto-sensing, filtered, multi-stage regulated power supply supports 100-240VAC and 50-60Hz power for trouble-free operation world-wide
- Rugged 1U rack mount steel chassis