Warm Audio WA84 Nickel Small Diaphragm Microphone Pair
Sound Like A LegendThe WA-84 is a small diaphragm condenser microphone based on classic microphone circuitry. The WA-84 is a fully discrete Class A design that utilizes a CineMag USA transformer, polystyrene and Wima capacitors and a Fairchild FET. The WA-84 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on a variety of instruments and sources, such as; acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass & woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
Large Sound, Small SizeThe WA-84 has a very Large sound for it’s small size and uniquely uses a heavy Nickel CineMag transformer in it’s signal path to warm up and ENLarge sound sources. Small diaphragm condenser microphones have widely moved to transformer-less technology in recent years for ease of design and a lower-cost manufacturing process. When designing the WA-84 they chose to go the extra mile and tackle a more boutique design known for it’s it’s crystal clear, yet smooth, Large sound.
Boutique ToneThey are proud to offer something special to the market-place by using large core transformer technology (CineMag USA) in a small diaphragm condenser microphone package. The result is a circuit that they feel sounds absolutely gorgeous and goes the extra mile in terms of signal integrity and smooth boutique tone.
- The Capsule: The WA-84 utilizes a custom vintage-style capsule designed to emulate classic componentry and design techniques. The WA-84’s capsule is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule supplier and is precisely reproduced to vintage specs. They are pleased to offer such a high quality capsule in this microphone which allows Warm Audio's to nail the sonics of the most important component of any microphone.
- The Transformer: The WA-84 utilizes an American made CineMag USA transformer that contributes to the legendary creamy smooth top-end and the Beefy mid to bottom-end one would hope to get from an 84-style small diaphragm condenser microphone.
- The Circuit: The WA-84 is a fully discrete Class A design that utilizes a CineMag USA transformer, polystyrene and Wima capacitors and a Fairchild FET.
- The Capacitors: The WA-84 proudly utilizes Wima, polystyrene and tantalum through-hole capacitors throughout.
- Utilizes a CineMag USA Transformer
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Fully Discrete Vintage-style Signal Path
- Vintage Capsule Reproduction
- Package Includes: Pair Microphone, Cardioid Capsules, Shock-mounts, Mic Clips, Windscreens and Carrying Case
- 48V Phantom powered
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -39dB or 11mV/Pa @ 1kHz
- Output Impedance: 200?
- Rated Load Impedance: ?1k?
- Pad: 0db or -10db
- Maximum SPL: 123/133dB @ 1kHz, 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB
- S/N Ratio: 78dBA (IEC651)
- Equivalent Noise: 16dBA (IEC651)
- Dynamic Range: 107dBA (IEC651)
- Connector: 3-Pin Gold-Plated XLR
- Weight: 122g each
- Finish: Nickel