Williams Sound WIR SYS 90 ADV 2-Channel IR System
The WIR TX90 two channel IR transmitter combines modulator and emitter technology into a single operating unit, which reduces operating cost and eliminates precious rack space. The TX90 transmitter produces a wide-angle infrared signal that concentrates the IR energy efficiently in the listening area. Operating on the 2.3-3.8 MHz bandwidth, the TX90 is less susceptible to radio and lighting interference. Each TX90 transmitter can cover up to 28,000 sq ft (2,600 sq m) in single-channel operation. The coverage area can be easily increased by connecting additional TX9 emitters. A wall/ceiling omnidirectional mount is included, and stand kits are available for portable operation.
- (1) WIR TX90 infrared transmitter
- (5) RX18 receivers
- (1) CHG 518 five bay charger
- (1) IDP 008 ADA wall plaque
- Modulator/emitter combined into single operating unit
- Resistant to high-efficiency lighting interference
- Transmitter also available in white (WIR SYS 90 ADV WHT)
- Meets ADAAG Guidelines
- Made in the USA
CHG 518 Architectural and Engineering Specifications
- The CHG 518 is a 5 unit drop-in battery charger and shall charge a maximum 5 x BAT AP11A NiMH battery packs while they are installed into the Williams Sound WIR RX18 style 3V receivers.
- The charger is enclosed in metal and plastic measuring 12"L x 6.25"W x 1.5"H (30.48 cm x 15.875 cm x 3.81 cm). The unit shall weigh 1.04 lbs (.47 kg) without power supply, 1.6 lbs (.725 kg) shipping weight.
- Each bay on the charger shall have a red LED indicating charging status. The LEDs shall be on continuously during charge and after six hours will turn green indicating battery is fully charged. The charger will monitor the state of the batteries and will recharge them if needed when kept in the charger*.
- The charger CHG 518 is powered by an external power supply via a DC barrel connector. The CHG 518 shall be supplied with a piggy-back connector enabling up to three chargers to be powered by one power supply. The charger shall be RoHS compliant and be covered by a one-year parts and labor warranty (90 days on cable and power supply).
- The charger shall be the Williams Sound, model CHG 518.
- Dimensions: 12"L x 6.25"W x 1.5"H (30.48 cm x 15.875 cm x 3.81 cm)
- Weight: 1.04 lbs (.47 kg) excluding power supply
- Color: Black metal and plastic
- Power Supply Input: 120 VAC
- Power Supply: 100-240V / 12VDC TFP 043
- Unit Capacity: 5 Units
- Indicators: Individual Charging Indicators: Red LEDs
- Warranty: 1 year (90 day warranty on cables and power supply)
- Approvals: WEEE, RoHS
- Note: Charging specifications are based on Williams Sound, rechargeable NiMH battery, BAT AP07D
- *Due to a component substitution there are two versions of the CHG 518. Serial numbers 0654 to 0853 will NOT monitor the battery state and will charge on a six hour timer. Serial numbers before and after this sequence will monitor the battery state.
- Dimensions: 10-3/8" (L) x 6-¼" (W) x 1/8" (H)
- The receiver operates for seven hours per charge with the BAT AP11A NiMH battery pack.
- The receiver is housed in a black and grey plastic case.
- The receiver has a three position selector switch for 2.3 MHz, stereo or 2.8 MHz modulated IR signals.
- The receiver provides 120dB SSPL90 output.
- The system electrical frequency response is 200Hz to 8kHz and the S/N ratio shall be 60dB at 10m.
- The receiver has CE, RoHS and WEEE approval and be covered by a five-year parts and labor warranty (90 days on battery pack).
- Dimensions, Weight: 11.25" W x 6.25" H x 2.125" D (28.6 cm x 15.9 cm x 5.4 cm), 1.8 lbs (0.8 kg)
- Color: Black with white legends, black acrylic lens (optional white enclosure available)
- Power Supply: Wall Transformer, 24 VAC, 50-60Hz, 35 VA, 3-pin MOLEX Connector North America: TFP 010, UL/CSA Europe: TFP 027-01, 2-pin Schuko plug, CE UK: TFP 027-02, 3-pin UK plug, CE
- Power Cable: NEC Class 2 wiring, two-conductor, 18 ga., 200' (61m) max. length
- Modulation: FM Wideband, +50kHz deviation max., 50uS pre-emphasis
- Carrier Frequency: Channel A: Selectable, 2.3/2.8 MHz, Channel B: Selectable, 3.3/3.8 MHz
- Emitter IR Power: 3.5 watts
- Coverage Area: 28,000 sq. ft. (2600 sq. m) in single channel mode when using the RX22-4 Receiver 18,000 sq. ft (1700 sq. m) in two channel mode when using the RX22-4 Receiver 11,000 sq. ft (1000 sq. m) in four channel mode when using the RX22-4 Receiver 3,500 sq. ft (325 sq. m) in single channel mode when using the RX15-2 Receiver 3,063 sq. ft (285 sq. m) in single channel mode when using the RX18 Receiver
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >75 dB, +3 dB
- Frequency Response: 80 to 15,000 Hz, electrical response
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.2%, electrical response at 1kHz
- Compression: Music preset 1:1, Voice preset 1.5:1, Hearing Assist preset 2:1
- Auto Carrier Shut-Off: 20 minute timer shuts off carrier when no audio is present
TX90 Bottom View
- Power Indicator: Red LED
- Audio Volume Level Controls: CHA and CHB Input Level, press to select, 28 dB adjustable range
- Audio Indicators: CHA and CHB Audio Level, yellow LED, flash
- Carrier LEDs: 2 green LED carrier "on" indicators
- Phones Output: 3.5mm TRS headphone jack. CH A tip, CH B ring on jack, 32 ohm headphone (min)
- Application Preset: Music, Voice, Hearing Assist. Frequency response; Music: Flat; Voice: Mid-range boost; Hearing Assist: High frequency boost
- Tone Control: Press to select, 21 dB adjustable range (1 kHz between low boost/hi-cut and low cut/hi boost).
TX90 Back Panel
- Power Input: 3-Pin Molex, 24 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 35 VA
- Audio Input Connector: CH A and CH B, 3 wire Phoenix
- Input Level: Balanced or unbalanced, 316 mVRMS (-10dBV) nominal, 5.7k input impedance; max input (over volume range) -21 to +7 dBV.
- Baseband Output: BNC, 50 ?, for use with TX9 only
- Baseband Cable: RG 58 Coax, BNC connectors, maximum 1000’ (300m) length
- Operating Requirements: 0-50º C (+32°F to 122°F) ambient temperature, non-condensing, non-corrosive atmosphere
- Mounting Kits: Wall or Ceiling Mount: BKT 024 Omnidirectional mount; Optional: Tripod Stands: SS-11 or SS-6
- Warranty: 5 years on transmitter, 90 days on accessories
- Approvals: CE, FCC, RoHS, WEEE
- Compatible Receivers: WIR RX22-4 Four-Channel Receiver WIR RX15-2 Two-Channel Receiver WIR RX18 Two-Channel Receiver
- Notes: Specifications: Single end input, volume & tone controls at mid point, 1 kHz, "Music" Preset