Williams Sound WIR TX90 DC IR Modulator/Emitter
Energy-efficient WIR TX90 DC emitter -- now featuring a DC power supply. Improved range -up to 30,000 square feet!
The powerful four-channel WIR TX90 DC transmitter combines modulator and emitter technology into a single operating unit, which reduces operating costs, eliminates the need for rack space and eases set-up. The WIR TX90 DC features application pre-set controls for music, voice or hearing assistance applications – no guesswork required for audio configuration. Everything you need for installation is in the box.
The powerful emitter produces a wide-angle infrared signal that concentrates IR energy efficiently in the listening area. Operating on the 2.3-3.8 MHz bandwidth, the emitter is less susceptible to radio and lighting interference. Each emitter can cover up to 30,000 sq. feet (2,787 sq. meters) in single-channel operation. The coverage area can be easily increased by daisy-chaining additional WIR TX9 DC emitters.
- (1) WIR TX90 DC Transmitter
- (1) TFP 053 Power supply
- (1) WCA 123 50’ DC power extension cable
- (1) BKT 024 Wall/ceiling mount
- (1) IDP 008 ADA wall plaque
- Energy Star 6 Compliance
- Now with improved range - up to 30,000 sq ft
- Elimination of wall-mount power supply
- Fully compatible with previous generations
WIR TX90 dc architectural and engineering specifications
- The transmitter consists of an all-in-one modulator and emitter operating on switchable carrier frequencies of 2.3/2.8 MHz or 3.3/3.8 MHz. The carrier frequency uses 50 kHz deviation and 50 µs pre-emphasis.
- The transmitter has a range of up to 30,000 sq. ft. (2,787 sq. m.) in single channel mode when using the RX22-4 receiver. The transmitter is contained in a metal housing with a durable plastic lens. It can be convection cooled without fans and include an omni-directional mounting bracket for permanent installations. Additional brackets are available for different mounting options.
- The transmitter provides two channels of selectable carrier frequencies:CHA 2.3/3.3 MHz or CH B 2.8/3.8 MHz. Two transmitters used in tandem can provide up 4 simultaneous channels.
- The transmitter has two Phoenix connectors on the back for balanced or unbalanced line input. All controls and indicators shall be accessible on the bottom of the panel of the transmitter.
- The transmitter has three application presets: Music, Hearing Assistance and Voice accessible by thumbscrew adjuster.
- Includes a 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack for monitoring the processed audio before being transmitted.
- Two BNC (50 Ω) baseband output jacks is provided on the back panel for more coverage needs. The TX9 DC emitter panels must be used with the TX90 DC transmitter via RG-58 coax cable.
- The transmitter is powered by a barrel type, external 24 VDC, 1.0 A power supply. Additional emitters require individual external power supplies.
- The transmitter is covered by a five-year warranty on parts and labor.
WIR TX90 dc
- Dimensions, Weight: 11.25? W x 6.25? H x 2.125? D (28.6 cm x 15.9 cm x 5.4 cm), 1.8 lbs (0.8 kg)
- Color: Black with white legends, black acrylic lens (optional white enclosure available)
- Power Supply: Desktop-style, universal power supply. Input: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 0.6 A. Line cord specified by country of use. Output: 24 VDC, 1.0 A, 25 W. Barrel connector. 50 ft DC power supply extension cable available (WCA 123).
- Modulation: FMWideband, +50 kHz deviation max., 50 uS pre-emphasis
- Carrier Frequency: Channel A: Selectable, 2.3/3.3 MHz, Channel B: Selectable, 2.8/3.8 MHz
- Emitter IR Power: 3.5 W
- Coverage Area: 30,000 sq. ft. (2,787 sq. m) in single channel mode when using the RX22-4 Receiver 19,000 sq. ft (1,765 sq. m) in two channel mode when using the RX22-4 Receiver 11,000 sq. ft (1,022 sq. m) in four channel mode when using the RX22-4 Receiver 3,350 sq. ft (311 sq. m) in single channel mode when using the RX18 Receiver
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >75 dB, +3 dB
- Frequency Response: 80 to 15,000 Hz, electrical response
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.2%, electrical response at 1 kHz
- Compression: Music preset 1:1, Voice preset 1.5:1, Hearing Assist preset 2:1
- Auto Carrier Shut-Off: 20 minute timer shuts off carrier when no audio is present
- Power Indicator: Red LED Audio Volume Level Controls: CH A and CH B Input Level, press to select, 28 dB adjustable range
- Audio Indicators: CH A and CH B Audio Level, yellow LED, flash
- Carrier LEDs:2 green LED carrier ?on? indicators
- Phones Output: 3.5mm TRS headphone jack. CHA tip, CHB ring on jack, 32 ohm headphone (min)
- Application Preset: Music, Voice, Hearing Assist. Frequency response; Music: Flat; Voice:Mid-range boost; Hearing Assist: High frequency boost
- Tone Control: Press to select, 21 dB adjustable range (1 kHz between low boost/hi-cut and low cut/hi boost).
- Power Input: 24 VDC, 0.8 A, 25 W
- Audio Input Connector: CH A and CH B, 3 wire Phoenix
- Input Level: Balanced or unbalanced, 316 mVRMS (-10 dBV) nominal, 5.7 k ?input impedance; max input (over volume range) -21 to +7 dBV.
- Baseband Output: BNC, 50 ?, for use with TX9 or TX9 DC only
- Baseband Cable: RG 58 Coax, BNCconnectors, maximum 1000 ft. (300 m) length
- Operating Requirements: 0-50º C (+32 °F to 122 °F) ambient temperature, non-condensing, non-corrosive atmosphere
- Mounting Kits: Wall or Ceiling Mount: BKT 024 Omnidirectional mount; Optional: Tripod Stands:SS-11 or SS-6
- Warranty: 5 years on transmitter (90 days on accessories)
- Approvals: CE, FCC, RoHS, WEEE
- Compatible Receivers: WIRRX22-4 Four-Channel Receiver WIRRX18 Two-Channel Receiver
- Notes: Specifications:Single end input, volume &tone controls at mid point, 1 kHz, ?Music? Preset