YAMAHA S215V CLUB SERIES V SPEAKER DUAL 15IN 2-WAY
Built in the United States, the S215V is designed to provide years of service. High power handling and excellent response have made Club Series loudspeakers the perfect choice for more than 16 years. Whether playing in a band, DJing, orupgrading the sound system at your church or school, the S215V has a rugged carpet covering and steel corner protectors to hold up to the rigors of transport. A heavy arced steel grill offers protection for the woofer.Features:
- Cabinets are constructed of high quality particleboard, chosen for its high strength and elasticity, consistent void free makeup and light weight. Another great benefit of this material is its environmental friendliness. Made from southern yellow pine, this material is both abundant and quickly renewable. Accurate CNC routing machines are used to cut every part, assuring consistency with tolerances of one ten thousandth of an inch. Skilled technicians assemble each cabinet by hand, rejecting any defects. Whether covered in durable carpet or the elastomeric spray coating, heavy steel handles and sturdy pole sockets make moving and positioning easy.
- The drivers, or speakers in these cabinets, are custom made by Eminence Speaker Corporation to Yamaha's exacting tolerances. Woofers share design features like high strength curvilinear cones and Dupont Kapton? voice coil formers. Oxygen-free copper voice coils and oversize strontium ferrite magnets are also used to provide high power handling and long life. The 15inch and 18inch drivers use cast aluminum frames to support the massive magnet structure, eliminate flex and help dissipate heat. The compression driver that generates the high frequency sound uses a pure titanium diaphragm. This 2inch dome is one of the largest in its class, allowing for very high output and low distortion, without the aid of cooling fluids. Its mated to a 90inch x 40inch custom designed CD (constant directivity) horn with excellent dispersion and response.
- Crossover networks that divide the signal going to the woofer and compression driver are constructed with oversized coils, high voltage capacitors, and power resistors designed to provide the best possible sound quality and minimize loss. Overload protection is also included to protect the components.
- Connections are dual Neutrik Speakon jacks for the highest possible strength and current capacity. Two of each connector makes it easy to daisy chain, or add speakers.
- Dual 15inch cast frame woofers
- 1inch titanium dome compression driver
- 2000-watt peak power handling
- Tightly braced cabinet