YAMAHA SW115V Club V Series - Nonpowered Sub
Club Series V loudspeakers with the S prefix have rugged carpet covering and steel corner protectors to hold up to the rigors of transport. Heavy arced steel grilles offer protection for the woofer. Models are available for any application from small speech reinforcement to very high output dance requirements.Features:
- 15" cast frame driver
- Long-travel for solid bass down to 35Hz
- Integral socket for main speaker pole
- Appropriate wherever more bass is required
- Woofer: 15 in.
- Frequency Response (-10dB): 35Hz - 2kHz
- Power Handling (noise/program/peak): 250/500/1000 watts
- Sensitivity: 95dB
- Dimensions (approximate): 19 x 24 x 21 in.
- Weight (approx.): 64 lbs.
- Enclosure Covering: Carpet
Gigging bands, mobile DJs and houses of worship have helped make the first four generations of Yamaha Club Series Speakers incredibly popular. The refinements of generation V continue this success story: larger enclosures for improved low-frequency performance, improved drivers for higher power handling, redesigned crossovers, stronger grilles, and dual Speakon? and ?" connectors.
Cabinets are constructed of high quality particleboard, chosen for its high strength and elasticity, consistent void free makeup and light weight. Another great benefit of this material is its environmental friendliness. Made from southern yellow pine, this material is both abundant and quickly renewable. Accurate CNC routing machines are used to cut every part, assuring consistency with tolerances of one ten thousandth of an inch. Skilled technicians assemble each cabinet by hand, rejecting any defects. Whether covered in durable carpet or the elastomeric spray coating, heavy steel handles and sturdy pole sockets make moving and positioning easy.
- The drivers, or speakers in these cabinets, are custom made my Eminence Speaker Corporation? to Yamaha's exacting tolerances. Woofers share design features like high strength curvilinear cones and Dupont Kapton? voice coil formers. Oxygen-free copper voice coils and oversize strontium ferrite magnets are also used to provide high power handling and long life. The 15" and 18" drivers use cast aluminum frames to support the massive magnet structure, eliminate flex and help dissipate heat. The compression driver that generates the high frequency sound uses a pure titanium diaphragm. This 2" dome is one of the largest in its class, allowing for very high output and low distortion, without the aid of cooling fluids. It's mated to a 90? x 40? custom designed CD (constant directivity) horn with excellent dispersion and response.
- Crossover networks that divide the signal going to the woofer and compression driver are constructed with oversized coils, high voltage capacitors, and power resistors designed to provide the best possible sound quality and minimize loss. Overload protection is also included to protect the components.
- Connections on these loudspeakers are dual Neutrik Speakon? ? jacks for the highest possible strength and current capacity. Two of each connector makes it easy to "daisy chain," or add speakers.