Zoom F6 MultiTrack Field Recorder Battery Powered
Capture The Calm And The StormThe Zoom F6 is the first professional field recorder to feature both 32-bit float recording and dual AD converters, providing an unprecedented amount of dynamic range. With 6 inputs, Zoom’s solid time code, multiple power options and wireless control, the F6 is poised to be your new secret weapon.
32-Bit Float RecordingIn the field, fluctuating dynamics can prove challenging. Loud sounds can cause clipping and quiet sounds can get lost in the noise. The F6 uses 32-bit float recording with dual A/D converters to capture both explosive and subtle sounds at full audio quality – without ever adjusting gain!
For Those Hard to Reach PlacesRugged enough to withstand the most demanding scenarios and small enough to fit into the tightest spaces, the F6 will become your go-to recorder.
Mic PreampsThe F6 is equipped with six professional-grade preamps. Featuring a super-low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN), high gain (up to 75 dB), and selectable mic/line levels for each input, the F6 is built for location sound.
Precision Time CodeKeep your tracks perfectly synced even when you power down for lunch. On or off, the F6’s Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy.
Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid LimitersWhen recording in 24-bit, the F6 uses advanced look-ahead hybrid limiters to provide overload protection. By adding a 1-millisecond delay, the limiters "look ahead" anticipating clipping before it’s recorded.
Zoom AutoMix™Zoom AutoMix™ lets you keep your eyes on the action by automatically adjusting the levels of your mix to reduce ambient sound.
Recording FormatsThe F6 can record in 24-bit and 32-bit float up to 192 kHz, or both simultaneously at up to 96 kHz.
MetadataCataloging files with the F6 is quick and easy. Enter track name, scene names, notes, and more in both BWF and iXML.
Monitor What MattersUse the F6 and your headphones to keep tabs on your tracks pre- or post-fader. Check levels, route signals to the left or right and set alert tones for battery and recording status.
iOS Wireless ControlThe F6’s F Control APP lets you monitor signals, adjust levels, trigger transport controls, enter metadata and more from your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth.*
*Optional BTA-1 required
Fine Tune Your MixThe Zoom F-Control (FRC-8) gives you more flexibility in the field. With 60 mm faders and controls for trim, pan and track-arming, the FRC-8 is a must-have for any professional filmmaker.
* The F-Control is sold separately.
Ambisonics AudioThe F6’s Ambisonics mode offers precision A-to-B decoding and balanced gain linking, enabling you to capture spatial audio for VR, AR and more. Download the Free Zoom Ambisonics Player software to decode and edit your 360-audio with ease.
What's included with the F6
- F6 Field Recorder
- Camera mount adapter
- AA batteries (x4)
- Cubase LE and WaveLab LE download codes
- Quick Start Guide
Optional F6 Accessories
- Zoom AD-17 5V AC Adapter
- BTA-1 Bluetooth Adapter
- 1.54" full-color backlit LCD with monochromatic mode gives you full visibility night and day.
- Record, Stop, Pause and Play are front and center for easy access in the field.
- Each input has a dedicated level knob.
- The F6 features a USB-C connection allowing you to back up your files, live stream while recording and more. The USB port also doubles as a power port.
- The F6 is equipped with a 3.5mm stereo mini unbalanced line out jack for quickly connecting to external mixers, cameras, recording devices and more.
- Sold separately, Zoom’s BTA-1 Bluetooth Adapter provides wireless capability to this ultra-portable field recorder.
- The F6 features six discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR connectors.
- The F6 is equipped with a neutral-sounding 100 mW headphone amplifier with plenty of volume for noisy environments.
- A dedicated 3.5mm stereo mini jack offers flexible time code I/O for external audio or video devices.
- Record up to 512 GB on an SD card while streaming or recording to your DAW.
- Count on the F6 through take after take when paired with a Sony L-Series battery. And for shorter shoots, record up to 7.5 hours with just four AA batteries.
- 6-channel/14-track field audio recorder/mixer
- 6 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR connectors
- High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain and less than -127 dBu EIN
- Switchable +4dB inputs with mic/line options
- Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
- Zoom AutoMix™ software
- Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm when on and when powered off) I/O on 3.5mm stereo mini; dropframe/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 4x AA batteries, Sony L-Series batteries, or Zoom AD-17 12V AC Adapter (L-Series batteries not included)
- 3.5mm stereo mini unbalanced output jack
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with volume control SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot, up to 512 GB
- Use as an 6-in/4-out USB audio interface (up to 96kHz)
- Use as an audio interface and record to SD card simultaneously (up to 48kHz)
- Free Zoom F Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry
- Recording Media: SD cards, SDHC cards, SDXC cards (that conform to standards)
- Inputs 1–6:Connectors XLR jack (pin 2 hot)
- Input (mic):
- Input gain +12 dB - +75 dB
- Input impedance 3 k? or more
- Maximum input level +4 dBu
- Input (line):
- Input gain ?8 dB - +55 dB
- Input impedance 5 k? or more
- Maximum input level +24 dBu
- Phantom power: +24/+48V 10mA maximum for each channel
- Equivalent input noise:?127 dBu or less (A-weighted, +75 dB input gain, 150 ? input)
- Line output:
- Connectors 3.5 mm stereo mini unbalanced output
- Output impedance 100 ? or less
- Reference output level –10 dBV, 1 kHz, 10 k? load
- Maximum output level +10 dBV, 1 kHz, 10 k? load
- D/A dynamic range 95 dB typ (?60dBFS input, A-weighted)
- Headphone output:
- Connector 3.5 mm stereo mini unbalanced output
- Output impedance 15 ? or less
- Maximum output level 100 mW + 100 mW (32? load)
- D/A dynamic range 108 dB typ (?60dBFS input, A-weighted)
- Supported formats: 44.1/47.952/48/48.048/88.2/96/192 kHz, 16/24-bit/32-bit float, mono/stereo/2-8ch poly, BWF/iXML
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks: 14 (6 inputs x 2 (Linear and Floating) + LR mix) 6 (6 inputs (Linear or Floating) at Float(32bit) Mode, 192 kHz)
- Supported formats: 128/192/320 kbps, 44.1/48 kHz, ID3v1 tags
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks: 2
- Using a 32 GB card:
- 30:46:00 (48 kHz/24-bit stereo WAV)
- 7:41:00 (192 kHz/24-bit stereo WAV)
- Connectors:3.5 mm stereo mini (Tip: In, Ring: Out)
- Modes: Off, Int Free Run, Int Record Run, Int RTC Run, Ext, Ext Auto Rec (audio clock can be synchronized to timecode)
- Frame rates: 23.976 ND, 24 ND, 25 ND, 29.97 ND, 29.97 D, 30 ND, 30 D