Zoom TAC-2 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
In today's world, speed is everything. The blazingly fast Zoom TAC-2 interface uses the latest Thunderbolt™ technology for ultra-low latency and the ultimate in high-quality audio, up to 24-bit/192 kHz. Lightweight and portable, yet rugged enough for the road, the TAC-2 is also easy to use, with a single large rotary knob controlling all parameters. Whether using it in your home studio or on the road, you can rely on your TAC-2 to deliver pristine audio.
Just connect the TAC-2 to your computer via Thunderbolt and then plug the audio source (such as a portable recorder, mixing console, or music player) into the TAC-2's inputs. You can monitor signal coming from the software via headphones or by connecting the TAC-2 outputs to amplifiers or self-powered speakers.
Enhance your music by adding your own instruments and voice. The TAC-2 makes it easy to do: Simply connect microphones and instruments to the inputs and then connect the TAC-2 to your computer's Thunderbolt port. The extreme low latency provided by Thunderbolt technology ensures that you can overdub to existing tracks with little or no audible delay.
- 2-in/2-out high speed Thunderbolt™ audio interface
- Support for recording and playback up to 24-bit/192 kHz
- Ultra-low latency audio streaming
- Two combo balanced XLR/TRS input connectors
- +48V phantom power for each input
- Hi-Z input jack allows direct connection of electric guitar or bass
- Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to amplifiers or self-powered speakers
- Dedicated headphone jack with independent level control
- 7-position LED metering for input, output, and headphone volume
- High-performance Burr Brown mic preamps with up to +60 dB of amplification
- 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Simple user interface—all operations controlled by a single rotary knob
- Bus powered—no AC power required
- Rugged yet compact and lightweight
- Works with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macintosh computers running OS X 10.9.5 or later