Pioneer DJ DDJ-SP1 Serato DJ Sub Controller
The DDJ-SP1 sub-controller is designed for Serato software users, specifically for "Serato DJ," the DDJ-SP1 is a slim and compact sub-controller that uses multiple performance pads, controls, buttons, and knobs to trigger a variety of unique audio samples and effects. The DDJ-SP1 is designed to be the ideal companion to Pioneer's DJM-900SRT mixer but can also be matched with other systems via its MIDI controller functionality.
The DDJ-SP1 is made for Serato software users who want to add effects when using a professional DJ setup of two players and a mixer such as the DJM-900SRT. With the sub-controller, DJs can enhance their performances with multiple effects, similar to what's being done with their extremely popular DDJ-SX controller for Serato DJ. The DDJ-SP1 includes a free-of-charge download of a Serato Video plug-in (valued at more than $100). The plug-in is compatible with Serato DJ, Scratch Live and ITCH, that makes it extremely easy for users to insert video, effects and image files with music.
The DDJ-SP1 includes sixteen "performance pads" on the sub-controller for seven different functions including hot loop, auto loop, manual loop, hot cue, roll, slicer and sampler. It also includes a "Velocity Mode" function that determines the output volume of the sample based on how hard the pads are struck. Each pad can be assigned as a hot cue point and its blue illumination signifies its state of play for instant visual feedback.
Sampler Volume Fader
In between the performance pads is a volume slider to control output of the 16 trigger pads. The convenient location of the slider enables quick volume adjustment during finger drum performances.
Slip Mode function enables continuous music playback in the background even when loops and hot cues are being performed. The functionality can also be used with players and controllers that support Serato DJ but not slip mode.
The integrated knobs and buttons are arranged for Serato DJ software for operation of iZotope Inc. effects.
- Slim, compact sub-controller designed specifically for use with SERATO DJ software
- Sixteen "performance pads" on the sub-controller for seven different functions including hot loop, auto loop, manual loop, hot cue, roll, slicer and sampler
- Dedicated sampler volume slider conveniently located to quickly control the output of the 16 trigger pads
- Slip Mode function enables continuous music playback in the background even when loops and hot cues are being performed
- FX Knobs/Buttons are arranged for easy operation of iZotope Inc. effects within SERATO DJ software
- Powered by USB
- The sub-controller includes a free download of Serato Video (valued at more than $100), a video control plug-in, compatible with Serato DJ, Scratch Live and ITCH, that makes it extremely easy for users to insert video, effects and image files with music.
- Compact (12.9" x 7" x 1.9") and weighs only three pounds for easy transportation