AKG C 451 B Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Ideal for overhead drum miking and capturing rich transients
- Sonically identical to the classic C 451 with improved design
- Increased stability and switchable high-pass filter
One of the C 451 B's most common applications is for drum overheads, and many engineers say there's nothing quite like it for miking cymbals - the metallic "crash" and brilliance come through perfectly. The C 451 B is also an excellent tool for accurately capturing signals rich in transients such as instruments with a percussive sound, acoustic guitar, or for overhead miking.
Sonically identical to the classic C 451 with improved design
Sonically identical to the original, which featured the much-acclaimed CK-1 cardioid capsule, the new C 451 B is incredibly precise and accurate. AKG made the C 451 B with dramatically improved specifications. Using an extremely light diaphragm, the new C 451 B is almost totally insensitive to handling noise. Other features include an all-metal body for excellent protection from RF interference and high reliability for excellent results under almost all conditions.
Increased stability selectable pad and high-pass filter
The C 451 B capsule is permanently fixed to the preamp to increase overall stability under mechanical stress. It includes a switchable preattenuation pad to increase the C 451 B's SPL capability. A switchable high-pass filter at 75Hz or 150Hz prevents low-end distortion. The AKG C 451 B microphone makes a great addition to any professional studio or recording setup.
AKG C 451 B Condenser Microphone Features:
- Cardioid condenser mic with outstanding transient response
- Frequency range 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity 9 mV/Pa (-41dBV)
- Max. SPL 135/145/155dB (0/-10/-20dB)
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR 468-3) 29dB
- Equivalent noise level 18dBA
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted) 76dB
- Preattenuation pad 0dB, -10dB, -20dB selectable
- Bass filter flat, 12dB/octave at 75 or 150Hz, selectable
- Impedance <200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance >1000 ohms
- Supply voltage 9 to 52 volts phantom power
- Current consumption <2 mA
- 3-pin XLR connector
- Satin nickel plated finish
CALIFORNIA WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.