Allen & Heath QU 24 Digital Live Sound PA Mixer
With its responsive touchscreen, 25 motor faders and acclaimed AnalogiQ recallable preamps, Qu-24 combines exceptional ease of use with class-leading audio performance. Drawing on the technologies and workflow pioneered on Allen and Heath's GLD and iLive touring systems, Qu makes Allen & Heath digital mixing more accessible and more compact than ever.
AnalogIQ Preamps: Qu-24's twenty four AnalogiQ total recall preamps feature zero crossing detection and an advanced padless 1dB step gain stage, closely allied to the DSP for optimal gain accuracy and audio transparency. The analogue signal is captured by high class, low latency 24bit analogue to digital converters matched to high quality 24bit digital to analogue converters to deliver the required outputs. The AnalogiQ design has been refined over many months to offer superb transparency, minimal distortion and an ultra-low noise floor, with a warm, musical sound that is missing from some digital consoles.
The Mixing Experience: Having massive processing power and advanced functionality is great, but it counts for nothing if you can't access the controls you need in a heartbeat. Once you start using Qu-24 you'll sense the years of research into ergonomics and the hands-on mixing experience that our team has drawn upon to deliver a wonderfully natural layout and workflow. It's not about recreating an analogue interface, it's about creating an experience that's fluid, comfortable and intuitive for novices, digital natives and old school road warriors alike, making all the benefits of digital mixing technology readily accessible to all.
Touch Control: The 800 x 480, sixteen million colour Touchscreen and its dedicated data encoder form the heart of the Qu interface, providing super-fast, easy access to all settings. The user-friendly interface has been designed with clarity in mind. Dedicated keys and screen tabs quickly guide you to meter and RTA views, FX racks, channel processing, USB audio control, scenes, setup menus and much more.
The Superstrip: All your key processing tools are presented in a clean layout on the SuperStrip, with 1 function per physical control. The SuperStrip is complemented by an onscreen Touch Channel for intuitive access to full processing parameters without clutter or complex menu structures. Processing for Mono and Stereo inputs includes trim, polarity, HPF, gate, insert, 4 band PEQ, compressor and delay. The main LR and the Mono mixes have controls for Insert, 1/3 octave GEQ, compressor and delay. The Stereo mixes provide Insert, 4-band PEQ, compressor, delay and balance control.
Fader Automation: Moving faders started as an expensive option in the studio desks of the 80s, and later became the norm with the advent of digital technology. Nevertheless some entry-level digital mixers lack this precious commodity which is a fundamental part of the Total Recall approach. Fader automation is essential for rapid mixing, especially when you're dealing with multiple monitor mixes – just press a mix key and the faders immediately fly to the send levels for that mix. Qu-24 features 25 motorized ALPS faders, 24 arranged over 2 layers, allowing instant access to all channels and masters in a compact space, plus a dedicated master fader which dynamically follows the mix selection. A third, Custom layer is available for ad-hoc user strip layout, where any combination of Inputs, FX Sends, FX Returns and Mix masters can be assigned.Features:
- 800 x 480 pixel colour touch screen for quick control
- Motorised faders for sends on faders, GEQ fader flip and mix recall
- USB streaming to/from an Apple Mac computer (PC not supported)
- Qu-Pad wireless remote app for iPad
- dSNAKE for remote audio using an AR2412 or AR84 AudioRack
- AnaLOGIQ total recall analogue preamps
- Effects ported from the flagship iLive console
- Dedicated stereo FX return channels
- Master strip for quick access to mix levels and processing
- Input channel linking for stereo sources
- Input processing – Preamp, HPF, Gate, PEQ, Compressor, Delay
- Output processing – PEQ, Graphic EQ, Compressor, Delay
- Quick copy and reset of settings and scenes
- 100 Scene memories
- Scene Recall Filter and channel Safes
- Channel processing User Libraries
- Qu-Drive for stereo and 18-track recording/playback to USB hard drive
- MIDI DAW Control driver for Mac (converts to HUI or Mackie Control)
- USB transfer of Scenes, Libraries, Shows
- User assignable Custom Layer
- Compatible with the Allen & Heath ME personal mixing system
- 24 mono Mic/Linechannels
- 3 stereo Line channels
- 32 sources to the mix
- 12 mixes (4 mono, 3 stereo, LR)
- 4 FX with 4 FX send buses
- 10 assignable SoftKeys
- 4 Mute Groups
- 32 out, 30 in USB streaming
- 2 stereo Groups
- 2 stereo Matrix
- Extra stereo outputs – AES digital, Alt Out, 2TRK out
- Talkback mic input