Audix D4 Hypercardioid Dynamic Microphone
With a wide frequency response of 40 Hz – 18 kHz and the ability to handle SPLs in excess of 144 dB, the D4 dynamic instrument microphone is an excellent choice for miking instruments requiring precise, low-frequency reproduction such as large rack toms, floor toms, cajon, djembe, tympani, leslie bottom, bass flute, saxophone and baritone saxophone, trombone, acoustic bass, bass cabinets, and small kick drums.
The D4 is lightweight, compact, and easy to position. Used for stage, studio, and broadcast applications, the D4 dynamic instrument microphone is designed with a hypercardioid pickup pattern for isolation and feedback control. The D4 hypercardioid is also equipped with a VLM™ diaphragm for natural accurate sound reproduction.
Designed, machined, assembled, and tested by Audix in the USA.
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz – 18 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Output Impedance: 280 ohms
- Sensitivity: 1.4 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Capsule Technology: VLM Type D
- Off-Axis Rejection: >20 dB
- Maximum SPL: ≥144 dB
- Power Requirements: None
- Connector: 3-pin XLRm
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Materials / Finish: Black Hard Coat
- Weight: 128 g / 4.5 oz
- Length: 100 mm / 3.9 in
What's inside the box:
- 1x D4 Instrument Microphone
- 1x DCLIP Microphone Clip
- 1x P1 Carrying Pouch