Clear-Com PS-464 4-Channel Intercom System PSU
The PS-464 is a four-channel, single-rack-space intercom power supply that features Clear-Com’s new “fail-safe” design for maximum reliability. The power supply delivers 2.5 amps at 30 volts, supplying power for one to four channels of intercom. It will support up to 60 headset stations or 20 speaker stations.
In the event of a DC short circuit or current overload on a channel, the electronic overload protection circuit will shut down the DC output to that channel. The other channels will continue operating normally. As soon as the fault condition is removed the “auto-reset” circuitry will automatically restore system power, even under full load conditions. Unlike other intercom systems, there is no need to disconnect remote stations to allow the power supply to reset.
For increased system capacity or backup redundancy, two or more power supplies can be connected in parallel.
In addition to providing system operating power, the PS-464 offers four channels of intercom with switchable line terminations for each channel. Two parallel XLR connectors per channel are provided. The power supply connects to remote stations with standard 2-conductor shielded mic cable.
The PS-464 accepts a line-level program input signal, with a global input-level control. Front-panel-mounted program on/off switches and level controls for each channel allow the user to feed program audio to any or all of the intercom channels.
The DC power status of each channel may be monitored with the individual “short” LED’s. If a channel is overloaded or develops a short, the LED for that channel will light.
The unit’s universal power supply will accept input voltages between 90 and 240 VAC, for trouble-free use anywhere.
Unitized chassis construction of heavy-gauge aluminum and an extra-thick front panel create a rugged, durable structure, able to withstand the rigors of portable use.
The PS-464 conforms to the highest standards of performance, providing trouble-free service over a wide range of environmental conditions.
- Only one rack space high
- Provides up to 2.5 amps total power
- Supports up to 60 headset stations or 20 speaker stations
- One to four channels of intercom with individual channel power protection
- Automatic short circuit protection and reset for each channel
- “Short” power indicator LED’s for each channel
- Program input with selectable channel assignment and individual channel level controls
- Can be paralleled with other power supplies and main stations for increased capacity or backup support
- Switchable terminations on each channel
- Unitized chassis construction for strength and durability
- Universal power supply accepts 90 - 240 VAC
- UL approved
- POWER SUPPLY
- Type: Switching, with post regulators and reset circuitry
- Output Voltage: 30 volts DC
- Output Current: Channel A, 2.5 amps max; channels B, C, and D, 1.75 amps max
- Short Circuit Reset Time: <7 sec.
- Hum & Noise: <-80 dBv
- Station Capacity: Maximum of 60 headset stations or 20 speaker stations, distributed over all channels
- PROGRAM AMPLIFIER
- (Transformerless, balanced differential input)
- Input impedance: >100 kΩ
- Frequency Response: 150 Hz - 18 kHz, ±2dB
- Line Level Input: -20 dB
- System Specifications
- Termination Impedance: 200 Ω, switchable
- Intercom Line Length:
- 5,000 ft. maximum (single channel)
- 500 ft. for crosstalk <-50dB (with multi-channel stations)
- System Frequency Response: 150 Hz - 18 kHz, ±2dB
- REAR PANEL CONNECTORS
- Intercom: (8) XLR-3M (2 per channel)
- Program: (1) XLR-3F
- REAR-PANEL CONTROLS
- (4) Termination on/off; (1) program input level
- FRONT-PANEL CONTROLS & INDICATORS
- (1) Power on/off; (4)program on/off and send level; (4) "short" LED’s; (1) power "on" LED
- POWER REQUIREMENTS
- 50-60 Hz, 60 VA, 90-240 VAC
- 32-122˚ F (0-50˚ C)
- 19” W x 1.75”H x 6.5”D (483mm x 44mm x165mm)
- 4.5 lbs. (2.05 kg)