Multiple functions packed into a small body, the KAOSS DJ is a USB and standalone DJ controller that features a built-in KAOSS PAD, KORG's famous and inimitable touch pad effects unit. Using these effects, along with the generous assortment of control features provided, will take your DJ performances to a whole new level. Use sweeping filters to accentuate or create your own drop; use time-based delays to manipulate the beat; employ isolators to accentuate frequencies for mashups; put a huge reverb on that snare hit… the possibilities are endless!Integrated KAOSS PAD for instant control of effects and synths
KORG's unique KAOSS PAD DJ effect unit offers 120 programs which are ideal for DJ performances, as well as synth programs inherited from KORG's Kaossilator. Simply moving your finger on the touch pad lets you control effects in complex ways. Numerous functions indispensable for DJ performance are provided.
- FX RELEASE function automatically adds a delay when you take your finger off the touch pad, naturally blending the effect into your sound.
- Hold function maintains the effect even after you release your finger.
- Auto BPM function automatically detects the BPM of the song and synchronizes the effect.
- Scale/Key settings let you play a synthesizer in the key of your song without any wrong notes.
The KAOSS DJ is sleek and streamlined; with high-visibility LEDs providing constant feedback to the user. At a mere 730 grams, it's ready to go anywhere your laptop is.
Despite its compact size, KAOSS DJ is loaded with powerful features that are all laid out to be friendly and fast. At the heart of the KAOSS DJ is a great-feeling crossfader and two highly-responsive touch platters. Large level meters are placed on both sides of the body provide excellent visual feedback, while adding an eye-catching additional live element your performances. All of this, along with cueing, looping, sync, and powerful KAOSS effects, make KAOSS DJ a professional-level DJ controller that's built to perform.Support for "Serato DJ Intro" software (Free download)
The easy-to-use Serato DJ Intro software is fully supported, and is available as a free download from Serato. Serato DJ Intro sees the KAOSS DJ and immediately connects. Please note that Serato DJ Intro and Serato DJ do not work when CPU in your PC is AMD. Of course, standard MIDI support is also provided, so you can also use KAOSS DJ with a variety of other DJ software programs.Built-in Audio interface; simply connect to your PC via USB and start DJ performance
KAOSS DJ isn't just a DJ controller and effects processor. It also features a USB audio interface with inputs and outputs, providing even more performance possibilities. With audio, MIDI and effects features, KAOSS DJ is a complete DJ solution!
- Windows users need to intall KORG 4ch Audio Driver.
- Mac users need to install the latest KORG USB-MIDI Driver.
The KAOSS DJ can also be used as a stand-alone, functioning as a two-channel mixer. Audio sources can be affected by the KAOSS effects. You can choose which set of inputs are processed, or set them all to run through the effects.Specifications:
- Serato DJ Intro (Free of charge), Serato DJ
- The Number of Effects: 120
- The Number of Effects Categories: Filter (13), Modulation (12), Dynamics (3), LFO (17), Delay (12), Reverb (5), Gain (3), Looper (21), Lead (9), Acoustic (2), Bass (6), Chord (5), Sound Effect (12)
- The Number of Synth. Scale: 35
- Setting for Synth. Key: ±12
- Audio Inputs: RCA pin jack (L/R) x 2, Microphone (Standard monaural phone jack)
- Audio Outputs: RCA pin jack (L/R) x1, Headphones (Standard stereo phone jack)
- USB: Type B x 1
- Sampling Rate: 24 bit 44.1 kHz/ 48 kHz
- Sampling Frequency: 20 Hz–20 kHz
- S/N Rate: More than 100 dB (USB)
- Power Supply: USB bus power
- Current Consumption: 500 mA or less
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 307 mm x 158 mm x 42 mm/12.09" x 6.22" x 1.65"
- Weight: 730 g/1.61 lbs
- Accessories: USB Cable
- Supported Computers: A computer that meets the operating requirements of Microsoft Windows 7 or later, and is equipped with a USB port (a chipset made by Intel is recommended)
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 SP1 or later (32 bit/64 bit) or Windows 8.1 or later (32 bit/64 bit)
- Supported Computers: An Apple Mac with an Intel processor that meets the operating requirements of Mac OS X and is equipped with a USB port
- Supported Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later