Mackie SRM215 V Class 15-Inch 2000W Powered Speaker
The original SRM Series was a game-changer when it was introduced in 1999. And the series is setting out to make its mark once again. This required a deep look at what matters today in a portable loudspeaker. Power, sound quality, and reliability. We didn't hold back. We combined our most rock-solid amplifier platform ever, premium transducers, and the best acoustic tuning in the industry – the result is a new level of performance that cannot be beat at this price.
Mackie’s filtering technology is not your typical speaker processing. The goal of our Advanced Impulse™ DSP is to remove all the anomalies that loudspeakers and horns contribute to a signal, from “honkiness” or “squelch” to "mushy" low end, effectively making the drivers "invisible" and output nothing but perfect, clean sound. By more intelligently (and more thoroughly) employing the benefits of FIR filtering, Advanced Impulse DSP eliminates undesired acoustic anomalies across the entire dispersion zone (horizontal and vertical), as well as frequency range and time domain.
The custom horn within each SRM | V-Class speaker was designed with the goal to bring out the very best from the HF transducer while maintaining the flattest response possible at the crossover point. Suprise suprise... we nailed it. The special design of this horn allows the polymer compression driver to operate at near maximum efficiency. This means it gets louder and sounds better with less effort. The transition between the LF and HF is a symmetrical, flat response which is what helps make the incredibly smooth midrange in V-Class speakers possible. This is just one of the many aspects of SRM V-Class that sets them above the rest.
Other loudspeakers feature some sort of protection and limiting to help them squeeze a dB or two out of the speaker. This is almost always at the expense of sound quality and is commonly experienced as diminished bass response and the "pumping" sound of the internal limiter having a bad day.
V-Class is all about reliable performance without sacrificing sound quality, even when pushed to the max. Packed with cutting-edge amplifier protection that not only keeps the electronics and transducers safe from any harm, it does so with a dramatically less effect on the tonal balance and sound quality. When operating at very high levels (ears beware), the processor-controlled system monitoring analyzes the audio signal and identifies the problem areas, then dynamically applies multi-band compression to those specific frequencies rather than lowering the overall output. This keeps your levels where you want them and maintains the sound quality you expect.
With the SRM Connect™ app available for iOS and Android® devices, you get complete control over everything and then some for up to 2 speakers simultaneously. Quickly access levels, EQ, meters, and configuration. Plus, you can save memory presets to streamline setup at your next gig.
When you link to another SRM | V-Class speaker, you get control over the entire system in the app, all in one view. No additional pairing or swapping back and forth on your device is required.
For an incredibly simple music playback system, you can stream music directly from any Bluetooth enabled device.
Industry-leading 2000W Class-D amplifier
- Our most advanced amplifier platform ever, delivering incredible stability, headroom, and audio fidelity
- Highest SPL in its class
- Unrivaled reliability and rock-solid operation can withstand the most demanding applications
- Universal power supply (100-240VAC) with Power Factor Correction for stable operation even with unstable AC power
Advanced Impulse™ DSP – Proprietary Acoustic Tuning
- Crystal clear sound across the entire dispersion zone means the whole room is the sweet spot
- Precision crossover and transducer time-alignment ensures balanced and accurate sound
Intelligent Bass Management™
- Our proprietary LF management technology maintains tonal balance and output level when operating at very high volumes while keeping the bass tight and punchy
Custom Sym-X™ Horn
- Allows for total efficiency from the HF transducer minimizing distortion and increasing output
- Creates a perfectly symmetrical, flat response at the crossover point for exceptionally smooth midrange
- The horn-loading frequency is set below the drivers’ LF capability allowing for maximum efficiency and optimal performance at the crossover point
High-Performance Custom Transducers
- Large, powerful magnets partner with robust motors, voice coils and spiders to provide the highest possible efficiency and transient accuracy
- Additional cooling vents surrounding the specially designed voice coil plus directional cabinet porting ensures maximum heat dispersion and reliability
- Premium polymer high-frequency driver provides the flattest possible response for incredibly smooth highs that sound natural and balanced
Transparent System Limiting and Protection
- Dedicated processing module monitors and protects the amplifier in real time
- Sound quality and tonal balance is maintained even under heavy limiting
- Utilizing powerful multi-band compression, the amplifier can target specific frequency ranges to prevent the system from being overloaded rather than turn everything down at the expense of overall output
- Input limiting keeps your source signal in check so if your sending audio that’s a bit too hot, the speaker will cool it down
SRM Mix Control™ Built-in 4-Channel Digital Mixer with Bluetooth®
- Dual independent channels that support mic, line, and instrument signals
- Dedicated 1/8” stereo aux channel
- Stream music from any Bluetooth® enabled device
- Direct Outs on Ch.1/2 plus Mix Out
- High-contrast full color display for easy single-knob access to mixer and processing
- Adjust channel levels and EQ
- Application and venue specific voicing modes
- Alignment delay – up to 100 feet
- Save and recall up to 10 user presets
- Screensaver plus dimmer and contrast control
- System lock with 4-digit passcode
- Change front LED function: Green, white, off, signal present, multi (cycle through colors)
Complete Wireless Control via the SRM Connect™ App
- The SRM Connect™ app gives you access to all adjustments and settings including EQ, levels, and presets
Wirelessly link two SRM | V-Class speakers together for music streaming applications plus complete control over both speakers
- The latest Bluetooth technology allows up to 100 meters of range between linked speakers
- Stereo or dual zone linking modes allows discrete control over the inputs and outputs of the entire system across two rooms or zones
- Creates an incredibly clean setup in minutes
Versatile configuration options
- Dual-angled cabinet design allows for use as a high-performance floor monitor
- Dual angle pole-mount provides optimal coverage and minimal reflections in most venues. The 7-degree downward tilt is perfect for when the speakers are on elevated stages.
- M10 flypoints for installation (vertical orientation)
- Max SPL: 136dB
- Frequency Response: 40Hz – 20kHz
- Coverage: 60°(H) x 40°(V)
- Weight: 48.9 lbs. / 22.2 kg
- Dimensions: 28.8 x 15.4 x 17.6 in / 732 x 391 x 447 mm