MOTU MIDI-Express XT: USB MIDI/SMPTE Interface
The MOTU MIDI Express XT is a versatile 8 in/9 out MIDI/SMPTE interface that also works as a patchbay and merger. This USB-compatible interface brings MIDI, SMPTE and more to any PC or Mac.
It provides 8 MIDI ins, 9 MIDI outs and 128 channels of MIDI connectivity. Plug-and-play compatible with all Macintosh and Windows software. Sixteen convenient, one-touch front-panel presets (8 factory and 8 user programmable). Software console for both Mac and Windows provides comprehensive routing, merging and muting.
Converts and stripes SMPTE in all frame formats (24, 25, 29.97 drop and non-drop and 30). SMPTE jam sync with adjustable freewheeling for drop-out free sync. Supports MIDI Machine Control. Serves as either an MMC master or slave; distributes MMC transport commands to all other MMC devices. Pedal input for momentary foot switch or audio click-to-MIDI conversion. Internal power supply (no wall-warts!).
The MIDI Express XT takes full advantage of USB, giving you increased MIDI throughput, better timing accuracy, support for "hot-swapping" and plug-and-play expansion. Need to connect another sound module or synth? No problem. Just add another MOTU USB MIDI interface via a standard USB hub.Features:
- 8 MIDI ins, 9 MIDI outs
- Custom-designed VLSI technology
- Front panel buttons and LEDs for choosing presets (8 factory, 8 user)
- Front panel SMPTE stripe button
- Front panel SMPTE lock and tach LEDs
- Status lights for MIDI In/Out and computers
- Front panel MIDI I/O ports
- Panic button
- 2 SMPTE 1/4" line level phone connectors
- 1 pedal 1/4" input (configurable for switch pedal or click-to-MIDI conversion)
- 1 Mac mini-DIN 8 serial
- 1 IEC power connector (switchable 115V - 220V)
- Includes: Software console for Mac and Windows, power cord, USB cable