Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2
Made to be playedWith the latest generation of Komplete Kontrol, music-making becomes a more intuitive, hands-on experience. Perform expressively, browse and preview sounds, tweak parameters, sketch your ideas, then navigate and mix your project – all from one fully integrated centerpiece for studio and stage.
More VisualTwo high-res color screens make it easy to browse and preview sounds, tweak controls, and mix and edit your projects – right from the hardware.
More IntuitiveGet hands-on with your production process, thanks to an improved layout with more dedicated function buttons and a new four-directional push encoder.
More ExpressiveKomplete Kontrol S49 and S61 now sport ergonomic pitch and mod wheels, plus a touch strip for expanded creative possibilities.
More IntegrationMix, edit, and more in Maschine, Logic, Ableton Live, Cubase, Nuendo, and GarageBand.
Immersive Visual FeedbackSee everything you need, when you need it, where you need it: Two high-res color screens provide essential information on sounds and projects, backlit function buttons vary in color and intensity to indicate their state, and the precision Light Guide pinpoints the location of sounds, key zones, switches, scales, and more.
Find your sound fasterFinding the right sound amongst a sprawling sound library can be difficult, not to mention time consuming. Now you can find exactly what you’re looking for across all Komplete and Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) instruments using a simple, intuitive tagging system – directly from the hardware. What’s more, you can hear an instant preview of each instrument preset as you browse.
Need a hip hop kit? Select Drums > Urban Drum Kit > Sample-based, scroll through the presets and pick the right one for your track. If you really like what you hear, just tag it as a Favorite for instant access next time.
Pre-Mapped and ready to playAll of your Komplete and NKS instruments and effects are pre-mapped to the Komplete Kontrol hardware by the people who know them best – the instrument designers themselves. Essential parameters like envelope controls and filter cutoffs load instantly and are displayed across the two color displays, intuitively divided into pages. That means you can see exactly what you’re adjusting in real time – whether it’s in kHz, dB, or BPM.
Pro PerformanceStay-on key, with notes of the currently selected scale or mode lit on the Light Guide. Activate chord mode to create a progression by playing single keys, then switch on the arpeggiator and turn it into an expressive musical performance. And for keyboard novices, Easy Mode maps the white keys to whichever scale you like, so you’ll never hit a wrong note.
Precision Pitch, MOD, and ExpressionGet precise control of pitch and mod functions via two ergonomic, rubberized wheels. And the ultra-sensitive touch strip provides a fun, responsive alternative to plugging in a dedicated expression pedal.
Get hands-on with your workflowCapture all your ideas, directly from the keyboard itself: Komplete Kontrol gives you immediate access to transport, mixing, and editing controls in Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, Cubase, Nuendo, and GarageBand, complete with visual feedback and volume metering on the keyboard’s built-in displays. And with MIDI in / out, incorporating outboard gear into your setup is just as simple.
Ableton Live 10 Lite is included with the keyboard, so you can start producing right out of the box. For a quick-reference guide to using Komplete Kontrol Mk2 keyboards in the above DAWs, download the DAW shortcut sheet.
Integration for all your instruments and effectsNKS means intuitive control over hundreds of instruments and effects from leading manufacturers – including Heavyocity, Spitfire and Waves. This extended plug-in format allows all developers to define the way their products integrate with NI hardware, so support for powerful features like tag-based browsing, Light Guide feedback, and pre-mapped controls now extends far beyond the Komplete universe. And for plug-ins that haven’t yet been updated to NKS, it’s simple to create your own mappings from Komplete Kontrol software.
- Smart keyboard controller for all your virtual instruments
- Pro-grade Fatar keybeds with aftertouch, available with either 49 or 61 semi-weighted keys
- Ergonomic pitch and mod wheels, plus touch strip for expression control
- Pre-mapped control of Komplete Instruments and Effects, as well as hundreds of Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) plug-ins from leading manufacturers
- Full VSTi support
- Tag-based preset browsing: Find sounds quickly and hear instant previews
- Two high-res color screens for browsing, tweaking, mixing, and more
- Light Guide: RGB lights above each key highlight drum cells, key switches, chords, scales, and more
- Smart Play: See scales and modes on the Light Guide, play chord progressions and arpeggios with single keys, or map any scale to white keys only
- Deep integration with included Maschine Essentials and full Maschine software
- Intuitive control over Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, GarageBand, Cubase, and Nuendo
- 4-directional push encoder for one-handed sound browsing and project navigation
- Two assignable pedal inputs
- MIDI in / out
- USB 2.0 bus powered
- Includes Komplete 12 Select – 14 premium instruments and effects, including Massive, Monark, and the Gentleman.
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 (latest update), Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM
- Windows 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 4 GB RAM
- An Internet connection and a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher are required to download and activate this product. Once installed and activated, the product can be used offline.
- 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large Kontakt Instruments)
- USB 2.0 or higher (cable included)
- macOS (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Windows (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AAX
- The included Komplete Kontrol software provides unparalleled integration with Komplete and NKS Instruments and effects.
- Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards also function as MIDI controllers with assignable controls and Light Guide features.*
- MIDI in / out
- 1/4" TRS connections for expression and sustain pedals
- Logic X 10.3.1 or higher
- GarageBand 10.2.0 or higher
- Ableton Live 9.2.3 or higher
- Cubase Artist / Pro 8.5 or higher
- Nuendo 7.1.35 or higher
- Keyboard, USB cable.
- Komplete Kontrol software, Maschine Essentials, and Komplete 12 Select Instruments and Effects collection – provided as downloads after hardware registration.
- Driver (only required on Windows), Setup Guide and documentation supplied as downloads.
- Dimensions: 1006 x 297 x 84 mm / 39.6'' x 11.
Available Plug-in formats
Advanced functionality in the following hosts
Please read the Komplete Kontrol documentation for detailed information about host compatibility. For a quick-reference guide to using Komplete Kontrol Mk2 keyboards in the above DAWs, please download the DAW shortcut sheet.
Komplete Kontrol S61