Propeller Head Reason 9.5
Reason is an integrated software music production studio with audio recording, million-dollar mixing, built-in collaboration tools and a massive collection of instruments, sounds and effects. It's the perfect choice for writing recording, remixing and producing great-sounding tracks.
Version 9.5 is the latest version of Reason that adds VST support in the Reason rack. VST plugins will feel right at home in the rack - add Players, put them in Combinators and route audio and CV as you wish. This is music-making unlimited.
Effortlessly create your dream studio with Reason's modular rack. Music making in Reason means joyful exploration and endless possibilities. Get creative with Reason's legendary instruments, synthesizers, drum machines, samplers and more. With its huge collection of sounds, you'll be making music in no time. It's everything you need, and then some.Record and edit your music in Reason's sequencer. Find your tone with guitar amps from Softube. Sculpt and polish your tracks to perfection with Reason's million dollar mixing console and massive rack of effects.
At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack that builds itself as you create your song. Fill your rack with as many devices as you need to get your sound. Reason's legendary instruments and effects cover every need from acoustic and organic to electronic and synthetic.
As you build your rack, everything is automatically connected and routed for you. If you want to dive deeper, turn Reason's rack around and you'll find yourself in cable heaven! Craft the sound you are after by routing audio and control voltage freely between devices in the rack. Your imagination is the only limitation to what you can build.
Capture your musical ideas in Reason?s powerful sequencer. Record and edit audio, MIDI or automation with powerful recording and editing tools. Quantize MIDI or audio to fix timing problems, or use ReGroove's swing magic to breathe life into your sequences. Always in sync with your flow, forever adapting to you and your working methods, Reason's sequencer simply gets you there faster.
Record first and pick your tempo later with Reason?s renowned time stretch. And thanks to audio transpose you can even record first and change the key later. Fine tune your vocal performances to perfection with Pitch Edit. Non-destructively change the pitch, correct the timing of your audio recording with Slice Edit. Or rework, resample or reshape your recordings into something completely new.
When finalizing your song, Reason's mixer gives your tracks that big studio sound right out of your computer. The Mixer is faithfully modeled after the legendary SSL 9000k* analog mixing desk, with flexible routing, full dynamics, EQ, full automation, groups and parallel channels, and its famous master-bus compression.
When you're looking for even more creative options, plugins come to the rescue. Expand your virtual rack with new, inspiring instruments and effects created by developers around the world - from modern effects to vintage instruments. Reason supports VST plugins and Reason's own Rack Extension format. Rack Extensions are full Reason rack citizens, giving you the same fully integrated experience as when using any of the included synths, effects and utilities.
VST plugins will be right at home in the Reason rack. Drag and Drop from the browser, use CV with your plugins, add Players, put them in Combinators with Reason's own devices or Rack Extensions - all the things you expect when working in Reason!
With a huge supply of synth sounds, sampled instruments, drum kits, loops and effects, Reason's built-in sound bank is packed with everything you'll need. Reason's integrated, always open browser makes finding the right sound across a huge sample library a breeze. Want more? Expand your palette with a world of ReFill libraries' sound libraries custom-made for Reason.
- Modeled mixing console with complete channel strip for every instrument and audio channel
- 4-band EQ
- 8 Send effects slots
- Insert effect slot
- Dynamics section with compressor and gate
- Lo-pass and hi-passfilter
- Spectrum analyzer
- Master compressor with sidechain input
- Group channels
- Parallel channels
- VST plugin support: add any instrument or effect plugin to Reason's rack.
- Supports the Allihoopa music making and collaboration service, with access to an endless supply of inspiring user-created music, backing tracks and performances.
- Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
- Rack Extensions lets you expand your collection of instruments and effects from Propellerhead and 3rd party developers
- Huge factory sound bank, with patches for all Reason's devices, samples, and loops
- Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with Blocks mode and audio comping tools
- High quality realtime time stretch and audio transpose
- Pitch Edit mode for polishing your vocal recordings
- Audio slicing and audio quantize - correct the timing of your audio recordings
- Convert recorded or imported audio in the sequencer into REX loops for further sound manipulation
- MIDI instrument output - control synths, samplers and keyboards from Reason's sequencer
- MIDI clock output - sync hardware to Reason
- Advanced exporting - export your separate mixer channels as individual audio stems, including effects and tempo track
- Live sampling on all Sampler devices
- RPG-8 Monophonic Arpeggiator
- ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console
- Matrix pattern-based sequencer
- Pulsar Dual LFO
- 14:2 mixer w/ EQ and effects send/return
- 6:2 channel stereo line mixer
- Spider Audio Merger and Splitter
- Spider Control Voltage Merger and Splitter
- Remote mapping to external MIDI controllers and hardware control surfaces
- ReWire support
- Supports all major file formats - from wave and aiff to mp3 and more
- Realtime sample rate and bit depth conversion allows for importing any audio into Reason without issues
- Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason fast and powerful on any computer
- Self-contained song files make moving projects between computers and collaborator as easy as moving a single file.
- Ableton Link support
- Minimum System Requirements
- Kong Drum Designer
- Thor polysonic synthesizer
- NN19 sampler
- NN-XT advanced sampler
- Malström graintable synthesizer
- Dr. Octo Rex loop player
- Redrum pattern-based drum machine
- Subtractor analog subtractive synthesizer
- ID-8 songwriter's toolbox
- Combinator, for building chains of instruments, effects, and pattern sequencers
- Included Player devices
Scales and Chords:
- Dual Arpeggio
- Note Echo
- Softube Guitar amplifier with amp and cabinet modeling
- Softube Bass amplifier with amp and cabinet modeling
- Alligator triple channel pattern based gate
- Pulveriser distortion, compressor and envelope follower module
- The Echo high quality stereo echo
- Neptune pitch corrector and voice synthesizer
- Audiomatic Retro Transformer
- RV-7 digital reverb
- DDL-1 digital delay line
- D-11 foldback distortion
- ECF-42 envelope-controlled filter