Radial JX42 Guitar Selector w/ 4 Inputs
4x2 Guitar and Amp Switcher
The JX-42™ is a compact guitar and amp switcher made to handle up to four guitars and two amps, with the ability to select inputs and outputs locally or via remote footswitch control.
Compact switching solution
The JX-42 is a surprisingly powerful guitar and amp control center, small enough to fit on top of your amp, but able to switch between up to four guitars and two amplifiers without noise. Each input is equipped with a trim control to level-match input signals, or a Drag control load correction circuit to optimize the impedance presented to magnetic pickups for a more natural tone. Optional JR-5 and JR-2 footswitches can be connected for instant switching available right at your feet, allowing the JX-42 to be rack mounted off-stage when used with wireless systems.
Four guitars – 2 amps
The JX-42 makes it easy to switch between four guitars using the radio-style selector switches. Connect two amps and use the JX2 footswitch to remotely switch between them.
Four basses and DI box
Instantly switch between four basses using the JR5 remote control. For the upright, add a direct box on output B to automatically mute the stage amp when selected.
Adding wireless systems
Use the Trim controls to match the levels from your wireless to your wired guitars. The guitar tech can select guitars using the JR5 remote while the artist selects amps using the JR2.
- Select between 4 guitars and 2 amps
- Individual input trims & Drag Control load correction
- Remote footswitch control with optional JR-2 and JR-5 switches
- Transformer isolated to eliminate ground loops
Activates the input channel. LED indicator lets you know which channel is active. Radio-style buttons only allow one input to be active at one time.
Switch used to set the potentiometer function for either TRIM or DRAG.
Output selector lets you toggle between A or B amp outputs.
15VDC 400mA power supply connection for the supplied external supply.
Optional footswitch lets you remotely select which input is active via an XLR connection.
Optional footswitch lets you remotely select which amp is active and also mute the output via 1/4" TRS connection.
Hi-Z always-on output used to connect an electronic tuner.
Hi-Z outputs used to feed A or B guitar amps.
Hi-Z ¼" instrument input used to connect guitar, bass or wireless system to the JX-42.
Direct thru-put connection used to feed dedicated pedals, amplifier or Radial direct box.
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
- Audio circuit type:Class A BiFET buffering amplifier
- Frequency response:20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic range: 112dB
- Gain: -1.5dBu
- Total harmonic distortion:0.02%
- Intermodulation Distortion:0.027%
- Phase Deviation: 5° @ 50Hz
- Input Impedance: Drag control – variable from 22K to 500K
- Output Impedance:1k Ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise:-103dBu
- Maximum Input: +11dBu
- Cross Talk: -97dB
- Drag Control, Level Control, Remote Footswitch
- Input Connectors: 1/4"
- Output Connectors: 1/4"
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 5.87" x 4.5": x 1.87" (149.1 x 114.3 x 47.5mm)
- Weight:2.35lbs (1.06kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 11.75" x 4.75" x 2.5" (298.5 x 120.6 x 63.5mm)
- Shipping weight: 3.2lbs (1.45kg)
- Power: +15V Center Pin +, 70mA
- Conditions:For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C