Radial mPress Press-box Master Section
Press Box & Signal SplitterThe mPress is a modular & expandable press box that distributes audio to multiple destinations simultaneously, with two on-board microphone preamps and additional controls that eliminate the need for a separate mixer when feeding both a PA and a press gallery.
Audio distribution & control for small or large eventsThe mPress provides full control over any size of press gathering, from community gatherings to international events, and its modular design means it can grow to suit your needs. It features two balanced mic or line inputs with low-noise preamps and high-pass filters, along with a shared limiter to avoid clipping the inputs of any connected recording devices. Separate outputs are provided for a set of powered speakers, with dedicated program inputs that allow you to play background music through the PA when on standby, and a headphone output to silently monitor and cue up playback tracks. The main outputs are controlled separately from the press gallery signals, so you can make adjustments on the fly without affecting previously calibrated recording devices.
Expand output channels with the Exo-PodFor events where more than eight press outputs are required, the mPress can be used in conjunction with a number of Exo-Pod portable splitters to quickly increase the available channel count. The mPress modular approach replaces the mess of cables that hampers typical press box setups, and instead creates an orderly system that enables you to create zones for various groups within the venue. From each of the mPress XLR outputs as many as four Exo-Pods may be chained together, for a total of 320 microphone or line level outputs and 128 recorder outputs. A built-in 1kHz test tone provides everyone with a reference level and a headphone amplifier on the front of the mPress helps when troubleshooting.
Using the mPress as a basic eight out press boxIn this setup, you are using the eight balanced outputs on the mPress to feed the press gallery without using the Exo-Pods. Set the outputs to low and connect using standard mic cables.
Using the mPress in a star configurationConnect as many as eight Exo-Pods to the mPress to create eight separate zones ñ each with 14 outputs for a total of 112 press feeds. All of the outputs are isolated to eliminate noise!
Extending the outputs in a series configurationDaisy-chain one Exo-Pod into the next to expand the system while reducing cable mess. Setting the mPress outputs to high enables almost unlimited press feeds!
Press box & splitter with expandable outputs
Dual mic preamps with on-board limiter
Program inputs for background music playback
Built-in test tone for easy calibration & troubleshooting
- XLR-F inputs used to connect two microphones to the mPress.
- 48V Recessed switch activates 48V phantom power.
- On: Used to turn on each microphone.
- HPF: High-pass filter eliminates excessive resonance and proximity build-up.
- Gain: Control to set the microphone input level.
- LEDs: Metering lets you know signal is active or overloading.
- Limiter On: Used to control ballistics and reduce opportunity for distortion.
- Threshold: Sets the input voltage level where the limiter begins to work.
- Release: Used to set the speed at which the limiter resets itself.
- Program: Activates the program inputs with adjustable level control for consumer devices.
- Input: 3.5mm and RCA consumer line level for laptop, or iPod music playback.
- Main Out: Activates the left and right main outputs with level control.
- Test: Activates a 1kHz tone to test recorder inputs.
- Phones: 1/4" TRS headphone output with level control.
- Audio circuit type: Low Noise Active Buffer
- Frequency response: 20Hz to >20KHz +0/-1.5dB Dynamic range: >112dB
- Gain: +51dB (Microphone), 0dB (Line Input), +19dB (Program)
- Clip Level: +24dBu/+17dBu (Main Output)
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.001% @ +4dB
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.002% (Main Output)
- Phase Deviation: ±15? (Exo-Pod Output)
- Input Impedance: 7k ohms (Microphone), 22K ohms (Program)
- Output Impedance: 880 ohms (Main Output), 115 ohms (Exo-Pod Output)
- Equivalent Input Noise: -111dBu (Main Output)
- Noise: -94dBu (Microphone), -80/-92dBu (Exo-Pod Output - Program In to Main Out)
- Input Connectors: 4 XLR female inputs, 6 º" program inputs, XLR power supply input
- Output Connectors: 2 XLR male gallery outputs, 2 XLR male main outputs, 6 XLR male Exo-Pod/gallery outputs, 2 º" main outputs
- Extras: Low-Cut Filter: 100Hz (12dB/Octave) (Microphone), Limiter Threshold: -10dBu to +5dBu Output (Microphone), Limiter Ratio (>20:1) (Microphone), Microphone Signal Present LED Threshold: -70dBu/-54dBu/-42dBu (Exo-Pod Output)
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 19" x 7" x 1.62" (48.26cm x 17.8cm x 4.13cm)
- Weight: 6.25lb (2.83kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 22" x 10.375" x 4.5" (55.9cm x 26.4cm x 11.4cm)
- Shipping weight: 8.9lb (4.04kg)
- Power: ±15V/+5V custom power supply
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5?C and 40?C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable