Radial OX8-r 8-Channel Microphone Splitter
Rackmount Mic-Level Passive SplitterThe OX8™ is an eight channel passive mic splitter designed to send the outputs of multiple microphones to three destinations at once, with transformer isolation and ground lifts to eliminate hum and buzz from ground loops.
Noise-free microphone splittingThe Radial OX8 is a professional audio tool that is equally at home on a live stage as it is in a broadcast studio, splitting eight microphone signals to multiple destinations simultaneously without noise or distortion, and eliminating hum and buzz from ground loops. Each channel is configured with a balanced input, a direct out which also serves as a return path for 48V phantom power, a thru-put with a ground lift switch, and a fully transformer-isolated output. The OX8 may be ordered with premium Jensen JT-MB-CPC transformers or Eclipse ET-MS10 transformers as an affordable alternative. Each channel also benefits from an ultra-short signal path and built in RF filters to ensure absolute quiet performance even in the most noise-prone environments.
The Radial OX8 is an 8-channel passive microphone splitter. The passive design enables a microphone to feed two or even three consoles at the same time. The transformer coupled output provides isolation to eliminate DC from travelling between mixers, thus reducing noise caused by ground loops. The result is exceptionally low noise in even the most difficult environments. A choice of Jensen or Radial transformer is offered, thus enabling the specifying engineer to select the transformer that best suits performance and budget criteria. The rest of the features are identical.
- Balanced 8-channel microphone signal splitter
- Delivers high quality audio without distortion
- Choice of Eclipse or premium Jensen transformers
- Eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Standard 600? balanced microphone input wired in parallel with rear panel D-sub.
- For wax pencil makes setups easy. A great help when troubleshooting!
- Reduces sentivity to enable line level signals to be connected without distortion.
- Disconnects the ground at the auxiliary output to help eliminate ground loops.
- Audio circuit type: Passive transformer based mic level splitter
- Transformer: Radial Eclipse MS10
- Number of channels: 8
- Frequency response: Radial 20Hz ~ 18KHz (+0dB/-3dB)
- Dynamic range: Radial 140dB
- Total harmonic distortion: Radial 0.005% @ 1kHz
- Phase Deviation: Radial 1° @ 100Hz; 5° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: Radial 114dB @ 60Hz
- Maximum Input: Radial +2dBu @ 20Hz
- Input pad, Ground lift
- Input Connectors: XLR, Euroblock, DB-25
- Output Connectors: Euroblock, DB-25
- Construction: 14-gauge steel
- Size (L x W x D): 19" x 6" x 1.75" (48.25cm x 15.25cm x 4.45cm)
- Weight: 7.5lb (3.4 kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 22" x 10.375" x 4.5" (55.9cm x 26.4cm x 11.4cm)
- Shipping weight: 8lb (3.63kg)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C