Sennheiser MKE 440 Stereo Shotgun Microphone
Compact stereo shotgun microphone for cameras with a lighting shoe mount and external microphone input. Maximum side noise rejection. Rugged all-metal housing.
The MKE 440 has two aligned and matched mini shotgun mics ensuring that the MKE 440 captures the audio you want while rejecting off-axis noise. This feature sets it apart from conventional stereo microphones. With its optimized acoustic characteristics and adjustable sensitivity, the MKE 440 is ideally suited for speech, music or ambience. The stainless steel micro-mesh wind protection reduces wind noise and protects the fine high frequency details in your sound.
Best of both worlds: Stereo without side effects!
Picture perfect stereo, without side effectsThe MKE 440 has two aligned and matched mini shotgun mics ensuring that the MKE 440 captures the audio you want. The stainless steel micro-mesh wind protection reduces wind noise and protects the fine high frequency details in your sound. The MKE 440 provides nicely balanced stereo ambience and amplifies the sound source in front of your camera.
Upgrading your DSLR audioA new, patented V-shaped design of two shotguns is Sennheiser’s fantastic solution for stereo audio captured by camera shoe-mounted microphones. This configuration covers a stereo width equivalent to the image created by common 35-mm camera lenses. The spread is very uniform and delivers high speech intelligibility in its focus.
What you see is what you hearThe Stereomic MKE 440 operates with two short shotgun mics, mounted in a unique "V-stereo" configuration. It highlights the sound of the video image while rejecting off-axis noise from outside the camera focus.
- Dual mini shotgun mics create frontal focus
- Suppression of ambience and background noise
- Built-in elastic suspension and wind protection
- 3-level sensitivity adjustment and low-cut
- Compact, all-metal construction
- Standard size camera shoe mount
- Dimensions: 67 x 106 x 128 mm
- Connector: 3.5 mm jack plug
- Frequency response: 50 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. sound pressure level: 132 dB SPL
- Weight: approx. 165 g (without battery)
- Pick-up pattern: Stereo, Super-cardioid
- Operating temperature: –10 °C to +55 °C
- Operating time: > 100 h
- Power supply: 2 x AAA
- Low-cut filter: switchable
- Sensitivity: switchable