Soundcraft Si Expression 3 32-Channel Digital Mixer
Soundcraft brings more than 40 years experience of mixing live sounds for many of the biggest bands in the business to its deliver pristine sound quality, feature-packed control surface, flexible I/O options and an intuitive operator experience all in the Si Expression. It offers some of the news DSP, component technology and manufacturing techniques so that you get their most powerful digital console at a cost-effective price.
Si Expression 3 features 32 recallable mic pre amps plus 4 line inputs, 4 internal stereo FX returns, AES in, and a 64x64 expansion slot offering more than enough scope to use every one of the 66 input processing channels. Every input processing channel has dedicated processing for high pass filter, input delay, gate, compressor and four band EQ whilst keeping it under control is a comprehensive automation system augmented with four mute groups and FaderGlow to light the way so you are never lost.
Si Expression consoles have busses, output processing and connectivity to match the versatility of the inputs; the 14 aux/group mixes can be configured as 14 mono mixes, 8 mono plus 6 stereo mixes or almost anything in between, whilst the 4 matrix mixes can be mono or stereo as needed. The bus and matrix mixes are complemented with four more mix busses dedicated to the internal Lexicon FX processors all in addition to the left, right and centre busses. Each bus mix features a compressor, 4 band EQ, BSS graphic EQ and delay always available all of the time. Output connectivity is comprehensive with all models featuring 16 balanced line outputs, headphone monitor out, AES out and of course the 64x64 option slot.
To complement the channel and bus processing all Si Expression consoles integrate four stereo Lexicon FX processors based on the MX400 providing a wealth of sounds, user adjustable parameters and dedicated tap-tempo keys. As the FX are hardware based, use of all the effects does not affect other processing in any way and all dynamics, EQs, filters, delays, and GEQs remain available regardless what you are doing.
Flexible onboard and expansion I/O options ensure your Si Expression integrates effortlessly with other system components utilizing any of the Si series option cards including AES, Firewire/USB/ADAT, AVIOM, CobraNet, BSS Digital Audio Bus (BLU Link), Dante CAT5 or optical MADI. The MADI card, as well as being an interface to multi-track recording systems or plug-in systems like Waves, enables linking the Si Expression to any of the Soundcraft or Studer stageboxes to extend the I/O power and flexibility. Adding a stagebox to an Si Expression actually increases the number of channels you can mix at once not just how many inputs you have available to choose from! It is said 'Power is nothing without control' and here the Si Expression excels with a comprehensive but 'simple to use' control surface incorporating a dedicated control for every parameter, a row of global mode encoders and color touch screen ensuring operation is quick and easy.Features:
- Direct Out Gain Stabilizer (D.O.G.S.) prevents manual change of a mic gain control affecting direct out levels, perfect when 2 consoles share a stagebox or when recording the channel direct outputs.
- Security Lockout - Lock the whole console or just selected elements, manage the security with the users and profile settings.
- Customize each of the four fader layer pages to meet your needs or add/insert faders to accommodate that additional mic that was not in the patch list!
- Copy whole channels, busses, mixes, Lexicon effects, a single part such as the EQ or multiple parts like the channel gate and compressor.
- TOTEM (The One Touch Easy Mix) allows you to press a single key to mix to an AUX, FX or Matrix bus, the surface and monitoring instantly reconfigure to allow instant mixing to y