Summit Audio 2BA-221 Mic and Line Preamp
- Full-plate voltage matters: The proper amount of voltage to a tube and solid-state circuit can make all the difference in the quality of the sound. The 2BA-221 is made with the highest quality full-voltage tube and solid-state signal paths and the best components available. The 2BA-221 even has a separate, dedicated power source for its 48V phantom power, and does not draw current away from the main circuits.
- Let signal flow: Integrating the 2BA-221 into your studio or live rig is easy given the comprehensive selection of input and output options provided. We designed the connections of the 2BA-221 with creative options in mind.
- Variable tube output control: Another really cool feature is its variable tube output control, which provides access to a huge variety of tones, from clean solid state to rich harmonics and all sorts of variations in between. What a benefit to have one preamp and still have the advantages of many different sounds! The 2BA-221’s single 12AX7A Tube provides rich, warm tone and is easy to find and replace.
- Really well built: The Summit Audio design philosophy considers the entire package when it comes to crafting gear. We pay special attention to the details of construction and have included many refinements over the years so units are durable enough to handle the rigors of the road. That is one of the reasons why you will find Summit gear on tour with many of today’s top touring acts around the world.
- Hand-crafted in the USA: Each piece of Summit gear is meticulously crafted by hand in our shop using only the best quality components and attention to detail. Quality components and engineering know-how are the critical element to the sound and longevity of audio gear.
- Height: 1.75 inches (4.44 cm)
- Width: 8.5 inches (21.59 cm)
- Depth: 7.42 inches (21.59 cm)
- Weight: 7 pounds (3.15 kg)
- Internal AC Supply
- 20 watts, 115, 50 or 60 Hz (USA model)
- Fuse size .5 amp, slo-blo for 100/115 V
- Fuse size .25 amp, slo-blo at 230 V
- Mic: 1.5K ohms
- Hi-Z: 10K-1.75M ohms
- Output impedance (XLR): 150 ohms
- Mic Input: +4 dB female XLR
- Line Input: -10 dB 1/4" balanced
- Outputs: +4 dB male XLR and 1/4" -10 dB balanced
- Stacking Input/Output: -10 dB balanced
- Mic: -16dBu
- Line: 22dBu
- Hi-Z: 15dBu
- Max output level (XLR): 25dBu
- Max gain: 75dB
- Equivalent input noise: -135dB average 10Hz-20kHz
- Frequency response: 10Hz- 50kHz (-1dB)
- Signal to noise ratio: 115dB average 10Hz- 20kHz
- THD + Noise: 0.055%, -32dB in +4dB out, 1 kHz
- Vacuum tubes: 12AX7A
- 3 year limited warranty.
CALIFORNIA WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.