TASCAM US-122 USB Audio/MIDI Interface & Cubasis Software
If you want to form a bridge between your music and your computer, there's a solution that combines affordability and ease-of-use with powerful capabilities and excellent built-in compatibility with your computer: the US-122. It features two XLR-based, phantom-powered mic inputs. As one of the only small computer interfaces with analog inserts, you can use the US-122 to place hardware devices (compressors, etc.) into the recording signal chain. Two line level inputs on balanced 1/4" TRS jacks are included and are switchable to guitar-level for direct instrument recording into your computer. The US-122 also provides a dedicated control for adjustable zero-latency direct monitoring, providing a sonically pure reference point before entering DAW processing. Its 2 line-level outputs provide control for levels, and a dedicated headphone output is also included.
In addition to audio interfacing, the US-122 gives you 16 channels of MIDI I/O for use with synthesizers and other sound generating equipment. The MIDI I/O is also handy for synchronization and automation with external devices. For compatibility with a wide variety of computer systems, the US-122 excels. It includes drivers for compatibility with ASIO, WDM, GSIF and Apple Core Audio (OS X) software systems, so you can turn nearly any USB-equipped computer into a powerful audio recording system. Plus, the US-122 represents an excellent mobile recording solution. Since it's self-powered via USB, no separate power supply is required for operation, making it perfect for mobile recording systems based around laptop computers? just plug in a couple of condenser mics and go!
The US-122 is packaged with two valuable music production software tools at no added cost: TASCAM's GigaStudio 24 sampling workstation software and a special version of Steinberg's Cubasis recording/sequencing software. Right out of the box, you can install the software, plug in the US-122 and begin creating and recording new music. With its compact, ergonomic design and rugged steel chassis, the US-122 meets the needs of everyone from hobbyist musicians through advanced professional recording engineers and producers. If you're into the creative advantages of computer recording, here's the tool that gets your ideas into your computer!Features:
- USB audio/MIDI computer interfacing
- Mac and Windows compatible
- 2 XLR-fed phantom-powered mic inputs with inserts
- 2 line level inputs (switchable to guitar level)
- 16 channels of MIDI I/O
- Adjustable zero-latency direct monitoring
- 2 line outputs with level control
- Headphone output with level control
- Self-powered via USB: perfect for both studio and location recording
- Includes ASIO, WDM, GSIF and Apple Core Audio (OS X) drivers
- Includes audio recording/MIDI sequencing software
- Includes GigaStudio 24 sampling workstation software
- Compact and rugged steel construction
- Includes Cubasis VST recording and sequencing software
- Size: 5.9"w x 2.4"h x 7.7"d. Wt. 2 lbs.