Yorkville U215B Dual 15-Inch 3-Way Passive Speaker
Engineered for the serious pro audio user, the U215B is among the most advanced, most versatile and most efficient high-powered portable P.A. boxes available on the market today. The U215B is a radical loudspeaker cabinet design utilizing the patented Unity Summation Aperture Horn Technology invented by loudspeaker designer Tom Danley.
The U215B provides remarkably even high/mid frequency distribution from its 60° x 60° horn assembly. The combination of that conical, constant directivity horn, dual 15" high powered woofers and our unending attention to details, right down to the ideal trapezoidal cabinet design, has yielded an extremely versatile speaker. The U215B's Unity horn combines a single 1-inch-throat (1.75" diaphragm) compression driver with three 5" ceramic magnet midrange drivers firing through time-aligned slots in the horn-wall. This seamlessly blends the mid and high frequencies while providing exceptional power capacity and clarity from 300Hz to 20kHz.
The U215B comes with a high-definition passive crossover featuring our exclusive PTC non-interruptive horn protection. However it can be easily bi-amplified thanks to a switch on the rear jackplate, and with the optional UP215 Unity processor, designed specifically to optimize the sonic characteristics of the U215B. The UP215 has been developed to ensure trouble free, "plug-and-play" operation whether the U215B is being run in passive or active bi-amped mode. It further offers a subwoofer output.
The ultra efficient U215B's trapezoidal enclosure provides a compact footprint that easily finds its home as a FOH speaker when deployed vertically on stage or on scaffold staging, either singly or in tight-packed arrays. Alternately, with its built-in flypoints, the U215B can be flown vertically or horizontally in touring or fixed systems. Other possible applications include side fill, front or down fill or virtually any situation where a professional quality sound reinforcement enclosure is required. In fact, the U215B's unparalleled sonic clarity and smooth frequency response also make it ideal for music playback. With pre-recorded music the U215B has the hi-fidelity to put it on par with some of the best studio reference monitors. But unlike traditional studio monitors, the U215B is capable if putting out very high sound pressure levels without audible distortion.
The MTM (Mid-Top-Mid) cabinet design was chosen as the perfect vessel for the U215B drivers. An MTM design is ideal as it makes the most efficient use out of the Unity conical horn. This allows for better imaging and balanced summation between horn and subwoofers. The trapezoidal footprint is identical to the U15 allowing them to be mated together in a variety of ways where an unconventional cabinet array is required. It accomplishes this while still maintaining the ideal array angle to best couple multiple cabinets.
Yorkville employed extensive research and development using the latest in acoustical measurement and modeling software to ensure that all of the Unity Series cabinets function equally on their own or in tight pack cluster arrays. Flying is possible with the addition of an optional ATM Flyware bumper system, allowing tight-pack horizontal arrays of up to 3 cabinets at the optimum splay to maximize the Unity horn's dispersion pattern while minimizing phase-induced lobing.Features:
- Unique 60° x 60° Unity horn assembly combines mid and high frequency drivers on conical horn.
- All four component drivers mounted in a Unity horn are mechanically time-aligned to measure and act like a single point source.
- No self-interference between individual loudspeaker components.
- Biamp mode switch
- Ten rigging points allow for all possible mounting and flying configurations.
- 15mm 11-ply birch cabinet construction.
- Two-year unconditional warranty
- U215B - black ultrathane (painted) finish
- Made in Canada
- System type three-way passive loudspeaker
- Program power: 1800-Watts (3600-Watt peak)
- Biampable: yes
- Nominal impedance: 4 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 98 dB @1Watt/1m
- Max SPL: 134dB peak (130 continuous)
- Frequency response (Hz +/- 3dB): 45 - 20k
- Crossover frequency: 300 Hz / 1250 Hz
- Driver configuration: 2 x 15" / 3 x 5" / 1.75"
- HF driver: 1.75" polyester
- HF impedance: 8 ohms
- HF horn: conical unity horn (1" throat)
- HF dispersion: 60 x 60 (°H x °V)
- HF protection: PTC
- MF drivers: 3 x 5" ceramic 1" voicecoil
- MF horn: conical unity horn
- MF dispersion: 60 x 60 (°H x °V)
- LF drivers: 2 x 15" with 3" voicecoil
- LF impedance: 4 ohms
- Inputs - 1/4" jacks: 2
- Inputs - speakon 4-pin: 2
- Bar handles: 2 side
- Flying hardware: 3/8" x 9 (all corners 1 pullback)
- Enclosure materials: 15mm 11-ply birch
- Grille: perforated metal
- Finish: black ultrathane paint (U215B)
- Dimensions: 16.25" x 19.25" x 50" x 9.5" / 42cm x 49cm x 127cm x 24cm (DxWxHxbackW)
- Weight: 113.8 lbs. / 51.6 kg.