Blackmagic Design Mini Converter Analog to SDI 2
Analog to SDI
Mini Converter Analog to SDI is perfect for converting from analog video in HD/SD component, NTSC, PAL or S-Video to SDI video with the choice to embed SDI audio from balanced AES/EBU or analog audio inputs. Now you can convert analog devices such as Betacam SP, VHS, Set top box's and HDV cameras to SDI video.
Auto Switching SD and HD
Mini Converters instantly switch between standard definition and high definition video formats and changeover is automatic when the video input changes. A huge range of video standards are supported including, NTSC, PAL, 1080i/59.94, 1080i/50, 1080psf/23.98, 1080psf/24, 720p/59.94 and 720p/50 formats, plus new formats can be added via USB.
Redundant SDI Input
Mini Converters feature a unique redundant input for mission critical tasks such as broadcast or live events. You can connect a redundant cable to the second input, so if the main input is lost due to cable damage or any other cause, Mini Converter will automatically switch over to the redundant input cable. This lets you use Mini Converters in locations where crowds or the environment might cause cable damage, or lets you place Mini Converters in hard to reach locations such as roof mounted video projectors. A loop though SDI output is also provided for connecting to other devices. A loop-thru SDI connection is also great if you need more than 2 audio channels, as you can connect the loop-thru to another Mini Converter to de-embedd extra audio channels!
New 3 Gb/s SDI Technology
Only Mini Converters include the latest 3 Gb/s SDI technology and upgrades can be loaded via the built in USB connection for future video format compatibility. 3 Gb/s SDI is also fully compatible with all your standard definition and high definition SDI equipment.
Built in AES/EBU or Analog Audio
Standard 1/4 inch jacks are built in for balanced analog or AES/EBU audio. Because Mini Converters use standard 1/4 inch jack connectors for all audio connections, you can use standard cables commonly available from any pro audio store. Unlike other converters, Mini Converters don't need custom cables, as any balanced 1/4 inch jack cable can be used. Mini Converters are also unique as the same 1/4 inch jack connections can be switched between professional balanced analog audio, or AES/EBU digital audio. This means you only need one model of Mini Converter for both analog and digital audio. You can select the type of audio from one of the mini switches on the side of the Mini Converter unit. On modes with AES/EBU digital audio in, a sample rate converter lets you connect to any AES/EBU source, either synchronized, or un-syncronized. On HDMI models, you also have full access to the HDMI audio embedded in the HDMI video connection.
Mini Converters are built to highest quality standards with low SDI jitter so you get the longest SDI cable lengths combined with multiple internal power supplies for ultra low noise broadcast quality analog video and audio. Unlike other converters, Mini Converters don't use "low grade" video electronics just to save cost. Mini Converters feature the highest grade broadcast quality analog audio and video electronics. In fact, Mini Converters uses the same analog video design as their most expensive and award winning Multibridge Eclipse! That means you get the highest quality, all in a very affordable and incredibly compact unit.
- SDI Video Outputs: 2 x SDI Video Outputs.
- Analog Video Inputs: NTSC, PAL, S?Video and Component SD/HD input.
- Analog Audio Inputs: 2 channels of balanced analog audio.
- Digital Audio Inputs: 2 channels of balanced AES/EBU audio.
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of SD or HD.
- Updates and Configuration: Via USB 2.0 high speed. (480 Mb/s)
- Reclocking: Yes
- SD Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards:
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60
- 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, ITU?R BT.656 and ITU?R BT.601.
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition.
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Color Precision: 4:2:2
- SDI Color Space: YUV
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically follows format of analog input.
- Analog Video Standards: 525i29.97 NTSC, 625i25 PAL
- Analog Color Space: YUV
- Analog Color Precision: 4:2:2
- Software Control: Mac™ and Windows™ software upgrade via USB.
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included updater application.
- Power Supply: +12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries. Cable tie point.
- Power Consumption: 6.50 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12 ? 31V DC
- Mini Switches or USB software.
- Mac 10.12 Sierra, Mac 10.13 High Sierra or later.
- Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Operating temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non?condensing
- Mini Converter Analog to SDI
- 12V AC adapter with international socket adapters for all countries.
- 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.