Crown PZM11 Pressure Zone Microphone
The PZM-11 presents a low-cost solution for security and surveillance applications. Mounted on a standard wall plate the PZM-11 doesn’t look like a microphone but rather an ordinary light switch.
Like other Pressure Zone Microphones, the PZM-11 utilize the Pressure Recording Process in which a miniature condenser microphone capsule is mounted very close to a sound reflecting plate or boundary. The benefits are a wide, smooth frequency response free of phase interference, excellent clarity and "reach", and consistent pickup anywhere around the microphone. Intelligibility is excellent, with low frequencies below the voice range rolled off to reduce the pickup of heating, ventilation or air-conditioning rumble (HVAC noise). The high-frequency response is boosted slightly to aid clarity and articulation. Electronics on the rear of the plate offer screw terminals, eliminating the need for connectors.
The PZM-11 has a mic-level output and is powered by 12-48 V phantom power.Features:
- Ideal for Ticket window, Conferencing, Surveillance and security
- Hemispherical polar pattern, excellent intelligibility
- Low frequency roll off to reduce HVAC rumble
- Inconspicuous, resembles a light switch
- Mounts a standard wall plate
- Screw terminal, no need for connectors