Directout M1K2 BNC I/O 16 Port MADI Router
M.1K2 is a scalable 16-port MADI router that provides a powerful routing matrix for up to 1024 x 1024 audio channels that fills the gap between small scale routing devices and large cross bar solutions. The device features two I/O slots that can be fitted with BNC, SC optical or SFP 8-MADI-port I/O modules. It may be operated with one I/O 8-port module and upgraded to 16 ports as required.
Safe, reliable operation - M.1K2 offer the highest reliability thanks to two phase-redundant power supplies with separate IEC inlets and AC power switches on the rear panel. Furthermore, two MADI ports may be configured as redundant pairs. In the event of a problem, an automatic, click-free changeover takes place between the modules and the user is informed via the software interface. 4 GPOs may be used for signaling events or integration in the studio. SNMP support provides network-based monitoring of the device state.
Doppelgänger (Device Mirroring) - One (or more) M.1K2s can be configured to act as a slave to one master device. All configuration data (crosspoints, port configuration, labels etc.) is synchronized continuously.
Automation - LUA Scripting Engine – Functions and predefined command sequences (e.g. salvos) can be configured via scripts that are triggered by definable hot-keys.
Clocking - The M.1K2 may be clocked by any MADI input, word clock, video reference input or it can serve as a clock generator. The system clock is provided at two additional word clock outputs.
PolySync - Each MADI port may have its own clock reference, extending the application of the M.1K2 in mixed clock environments.
MADImatrix - All audio signals can be routed arbitrarily, either in groups or singly. Non-audio signals can also be routed. All input signals are refreshed, keeping the user bits unchanged at the output.
Embedder / De-embedder Matrix - Serial data (MIDI, RS-232, RS-422/485) embedded in the MADI signal or from the hardware interfaces can be routed separately from the audio signal.
Labelling - A powerful CSV import/export function is provided for I/O labelling. Switchable layers display either customized names or the port/channel number.
Snapshot Management - Snapshots containing all routing, label, port and clock configuration settings in one single package can be grouped in projects and exchanged between different M.1K2 devices. Individual parts of a snapshot may be restored at any time.
User Management - Individual function control based on definable permission classes can be setup for different users enabling these users to share device control in complex environments according to their level of permission.
Remote Access - Remote operation is via a network connection and web browser interface. Concurrent access from other locations is possible and is not limited to a specific operating system. Firmware updates can be installed via Ethernet.
- MADI ports (I/O): 2 x I/O modules with 8 ports per module
- Network: 1 x RJ45 Socket (100 Mbit/s)
- SC-Socket single/multi-mode
- coaxial BNC, 75 Ω
- SFP cage
- Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz (+/- 12,5%)
- MADI formats: 48k / 96k Frame, 56 / 64 channel, S/MUX
- Word clock (I): 1 x coaxial BNC (75 Ω termination switchable), AES11 (DARS also supported)
- Word clock (O): 2 x coaxial BNC
- Video Reference (I): 1 x coaxial BNC (75 Ω termination switchable), black burst (PAL / NTSC)
- 1 x DSUB-9
- 1 x USB 2.0 (virtual COM port)
- RS-422/485: 1 x DSUB-9 (422 / 485 switchable)
- MIDI (I/O): 2 x DIN-Socket
- GPO: 4 x Optocoupler via DSUB-9
- Remote Software: integrated webserver
- Remote Plugins: Telnet, SWP-08, MIDI, JSON, Jupiter, globcon
- Power supply: 2 x 84 V to 264 V AC / 47 Hz to 63 Hz / safety class 1, phase-redundant
- Dimensions: Width 19'' (483 mm)
- Height 2 RU (89 mm)
- Depth 10'' (254 mm)
- Weight: about 4 kg
- USB Serial driver: Windows®