JBL MRX-518S 18-Inch Compact Passive Subwoofer
The MRX518S is a compact, high power subwoofer system containing a 2044G 18" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. The enclosure is designed to present a minimum frontal area. The system offers complete input connection flexibility for compatibility with a variety of cabling schemes. The input panel incorporates a pair of Neutrik/ Speakon NL-4 connectors wired in parallel. The MRX518S is supplied with pins +1/-1 connected to the woofer. This may be easily reconfigured to work with cabling systems intended to drive subwoofers on pins +2/-2. For Subwoofer/Satellite configurations, the MRX518S is equipped with a top-mounted, 35 mm pole mount socket that can receive the optional SS3-BK pole. This can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 35 mm pole sockets and weighing up to 100 lbs. The enclosure is constructed of top quality plywood, coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish and is braced to maximize low-frequency performance. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with an acoustically transparent screen to provide additional driver protection and give a very professional appearance.
- 18 inch, 2044G driver for extended low-frequency output
- Large vent area for reduced distortion
- Low profile and compact
- Tough DuraFlex finish enclosure
- Frequency Range: 40 Hz - 200 Hz
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz - 200 Hz
- Sensitivity: 94 dB SPL; 100 dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Power Capacity: 500 W / 1000 W / 2000 W
- (Continuous / Program / Peak): 400 W / 800 W / 1600 W
- Rated Maximum SPL: 127 dB SPL continuous (133 dB SPL peak)
- Size (H x W x D): 22" x 21" x 27.5"
- Weight: 72 lbs
- Low Frequency Driver: 1 x JBL 2044G 18" woofers