Radial Ice Cube Line Level Passive Isolator
Balanced XLR Line IsolatorThe IceCube™ is a balanced line-level isolator designed to quickly eliminate hum and buzz from an audio system by simply inserting it into the signal path.
Eliminate ground loops quicklyThe IceCube is an ideal problem solver for today's AV technicians and audio engineers, providing an easy way to insert an isolation transformer into the signal path to remove hum and buzz from ground loops, with a ground lift switch for additional noise reduction. Simply connect it between any two line-level devices, such as a mixer and a powered speaker, or a crossover and a power amp. The IceCube will eliminate ground loop noise without limiting the audio bandwidth or introducing phase shift, and it can handle hot signal levels without distortion.
Isolating the DJ mixer from a consolePlug a couple of IceCubes in between the DJ mixer and the main PA to rid the system from hum or buzz caused by ground loops. Standard XLR connections make it easy.
Isolating a crossover from a power ampEliminating noise problems can take hours of troubleshooting. The IceCube takes the hassle out of the equation with a plug and play solution that works every time.
Isolating a console from a remote towerWhen distant power systems power equipment it often leads to noise, due to voltage fluctuations and ground contamination. The IceCube isolates the system to reduce noise.
The Radial IceCube IC-1 is a compact line-level isolator designed to reduce hum and buzz caused by ground loops and stray DC voltage. The true marvel with this design is the diminutive size yet amazing response, particularly in the low end where smaller transformers tend to fail. The IceCube has been optimized to work in the commonly used -30dB and +15dB range with both balanced and unbalanced devices. This makes the IceCube a great problem solver for a wide array of applications where retaining the full audio spectrum is required.
- Eliminates hum & buzz caused by ground loops
- Exceptionally linear response from 20Hz to 18kHz
- Can handle pro output levels without distortion
- Plug & play easy to use with XLR input & output
- XLR Output: Balanced output connects to your PA or recording system.
- Ground Lift: Disconnects Pin-1 on the XLR output to eliminate hum and buzz created by ground loops.
- XLR Input: Balanced input with locking XLR connects from the device you would like to isolate.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based Transformer: Custom made Eclipse Number of channels: 1 Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 1dB) Gain: 0dB / -5.7dB 10K / 600 ? Load Clip Level: 25dBu Total harmonic distortion: <0.0006% 1KHz @ -10dBu Intermodulation Distortion: 0.002% @ -10dBu
- Input Impedance: 8.66k with 10k load
- Output Impedance: 600 ? nominal
- Equivalent Input Noise: 110dBu
- Maximum Input: 15dBu
- Input Connectors: XLR Female
- Output Connectors: XLR Male
- Construction: 16-gauge steel
- Size (L x W x D): 4.2" x 1.32" x 1.6" (107mm x 34mm x 41mm)
- Weight: 0.40lbs (0.18kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 8" x 5" x 3" (203mm x 127mm x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 0.55lbs (0.25kg)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable