Radial J48 Stereo Active DI Box
Phantom Powered Stereo Active Direct Box
The J48™ is a two channel active direct box that has been optimized to handle extreme transients without distortion, with a linear frequency response that extends from 20Hz up to 40kHz.
Higher voltage, higher headroom
Most battery-powered instruments and stereo keyboards will produce as much as 7 Volts when played at maximum volume, which can easily overload typical active direct boxes which have are only able to handle about 3 Volts. The J48 Stereo uses a unique switching power supply that raises the internal rail voltage so it can handle up to an incredible 9 Volts, resulting in improved signal handling and greater headroom. This additional headroom significantly reduces distortion of all types, allowing the natural tone and character of the instrument to shine through. The J48 maintains stereo separation between the left and right channels, allowing it to be used on two separate instruments or with stereo sources such as keyboards.
Using the J48 Stereo with a keyboard
The J48's active circuit and amazing signal handling makes it a great choice for both digital and old school analog keyboards. A built-in pad reduces the sensitivity if needed.
Using the J48 Stereo with two basses
The compact design makes it easy to connect two guitars using one direct box. The great sounding active circuit sounds as good as other DIs costing five times as much!
J48 Stereo with two different instruments
Use the J48 Stereo with two completely different instruments. The low crosstalk makes it a great choice when doubling between bass, acoustic guitar, fiddle, or mandolin.
- Exceptional headroom & dynamic range
- Retains the natural sound of the instrument
- Use with stereo sources or multiple instruments
- Powered by 48V phantom, no batteries required
Unbalanced 1/4" input jacks used to connect instruments to the J48 Stereo.
Thru-put from the J48 Stereo to a the amp. High impedance will not load instrument down.
Reduces the input sensitivity for active basses and high output keyboards.
Illuminates when 48V phantom power is present.
High pass filter reduces excessive low frequencies that can cause resonance and acoustic feedback on stage.
Balanced mic level outputs used to feed mixer or mic preamp.
Lifts the audio ground at the power supply to reduce hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
Polarity reverse use to correct the phase on old gear and reduce feedback on stage.
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
- Audio circuit type:Proprietary analog circuit with low-noise op-amp
- Number of channels:2
- Frequency response:20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Dynamic range: 109dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.002% @ -5dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion:0.003% @ -3dBu
- Phase Deviation: +10º at 20Hz | 0º at 1kHz | -1º at 20kHz
- Input Impedance: 220k? - ¼" input
- Output Impedance: 600? - XLR output
- Equivalent Input Noise:-103dBu
- Noise:-99dB below 0dBu
- Maximum Input:+10dBu
- Input pad, 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift, HPF
- Input Connectors:2x 1/4" in and thru
- Output Connectors:2x XLR
- Construction:14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.55 lb (720 g)
- Power:48V phantom - proprietary digital switching
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C