Williams Sound HHS-108 Hearing Hotspot System
Hearing Hotspot™ Server with 8 Analog Inputs
The next-generation Hearing HotSpot™ system features everything you need to stream multiple channels of audio in real time over an enterprise Wi-Fi network. Once a system is installed in a venue, the software license is activated by Williams Sound based on the number of channels (up to 32 per server box, either Analog or Dante™) at that venue. Venue controlled advertising/messages, made available through simple web portal and system updates, are delivered to the venue without on-site visits.
- Hearing HotSpot Server unit
- HHS CH8 8-channel analog input module (installed)
- Proprietary Hearing Hotspot software
- Content management through Venue Portal
- One-box solution provides up to 32 mono/16 stereo channels of analog audio
- Front LCD display and easy-to-use menu
- Adjustable input levels (via front menu)
- Expandable 8/16/24/32 analog audio input channels (with 8-channel analog input modules HHS CH8)
- Standard 2 RU 19 rackmount
- Compatible with most Apple and Android based smartphones and tablets
- In-app links offer each venue the option of customizable advertising banners, customer surveys, PDF documents and scrolling ticker
- Works on existing networks when network requirements are met. See Network Requirementsin these specifications.
- End user downloads free app from Google Play or Apple store to hear content on Android or iOS portable device
- HHS 108 architectural and engineering specifications:
- The unit shall have the ability to broadcast audio over ethernet to a WLAN access point. Mobile devices will be able to receive the audio with a proprietary app. The app shall be free (no charge) for users to download and use.
- It shall be offered in two models - one with analog audio input capability and the other with Dante™ virtual sound card capability.
- It shall have four internal card slots, each able to accept one 8-channel mono/4-channel stereo analog input card, making it expandable up to 32 mono/16 stereo channels.
- One model shall have the ability to live stream up to 32 mono/16 stereo analog channels. Another model shall have the ability to live stream up to 32 Dante channels.
- It shall have a 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack.
- It shall have an external universal power supply for use in multiple countries with the appropriate line cord.
- It shall use no more than 8 kBps ethernet (wired), and 12 kBps Wi-Fi, of bandwidth per mono channel, for audio packets.
- The unit shall provide extremely low audio latency, on the order of µs. The server shall allow for packet buffer adjustment (60 ms typical). Optimum latency experienced by mobile devices shall be 100 ms or less, depending on mobile device.
- The unit shall support 48, 44.1 kHz sampling rates at 24-bit resolution.
- It shall have a front user control interface consisting of an LCD screen and Left, Right, Up, Down, and Select buttons.
- It shall have the ability to push advertising and other content to mobile devices through an online provider/management website. Content includes: customer-supplied background, customer-supplied banners that hyperlink to websites, coupons based on user-defined conditions, ticker (scrolling text), and pdf’s (such as a restaurant menu, venue schedule, etc).
- The venue management portal will have the capability to name channels for display on mobile device. The venue management portal shall have the capability of pushing remote updates to the unit.
- Physical: Standard 2 RU 19" rackmount, 13" D (deep rack required).
- Weight: 14.0 lbs (6.4 kg).
- Color : black brushed aluminum face, caseis textured black.
- Blue backlit LCD Screen with dark blue text. Power and control buttons backlit blue.
- Environment: Storage: -40° F to 150° F (-40° C to 65° C), Operating: 30° F to 110° F (0° C to 45° C)Cooling fan: 26 dB(A), variable speed, temperature controlled.
- Network requirements: Network hardware must support IGMP, IGMP Snooping, multicast (multiple simultaneous multicast clients), voice or higher QOS, and have available bandwidth.
- Internet access for maintenance updates and content management through venue portal.
- Mobile device requirements: Apple iOS 6 minimum, Android 4.2 minimum Expansion slots: (4x) sled style, to accept one 8-channel analog input expansion module (HHS CH8) each.
- Unused slots have blank plates installed.
- Audio inputs: HHS 108/116/124/132: Analog only. Accepts balanced or unbalanced line level.
- Input range -10 dBV to +8 dBu.
- Inputs provided by 8-channel audio input expansion module HHS CH8. One module provides 8 mono inputs, and each input has a 3-position terminal block configured as +,C,-.
- Each server unit can accept up to 4 expansion modules or 32 mono/16 stereo input channels total.
- HHS 132 D: Dante™ (virtual sound card) only.
- Up to 32 Dante™ channels per server.
- Expansion card slots have (4x) blank plates installed.