Radial ProISO Voice Range Passive Converter
4dB to -10dB converter and Isolator
The Pro-Iso is a +4dB to -10dB converter that employs a cost effective transformer that focuses the energy in the voice range. This makes the Pro-Iso a great choice for sermons, news gathering and spoken voice.
Exceptional signal handling
The passive design begins with 100% discrete components throughout. A set & forget level control lets you attenuate the input signal to prevent it from overloading the destination device. Output connections include a stereo pair of º" connectors, a set of RCAs and a mini 3.5mm (1/8") for interfacing to a mini recorder or lap-top computer. Transformer isolation helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops while eliminating stray DC currents from flowing.
Using the Pro-Iso to record a performance
Often, the available output on a professional console is balanced +4dB. This makes it difficult to feed a portable recorder. The Pro-Iso comes to the rescue with a simple interface and all of the connectivity you need.
Using the Pro-Iso to convert a balanced signal
The Pro-Iso makes it easy to convert the balanced line level output from a preamp to a CD player or other consumer device. Transformer isolation further benefits by eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
Using the Pro-Iso to feed a computer
Computers are noisy at the best of times! The Radial Pro-Iso's effective transformers help eliminate buzz and hum while delivering exceptional audio. Adjust the set & forget level control on the Pro-Iso to set signal level.
Converts balanced line level signals to unbalanced.
Stereo signal path with set & forget level control.
Transformer isolated to eliminate hum & buzz.
Cost effective transformers targeting voice range.
- XLR Inputs: 4dB balanced follow AES standard for easy interface with professional gear.
- Ground Lift: Disconnects ground at the XLR pin-3. Helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by groud loops.
- Output Level: Used to adjust the signal for optimal recording is recessed so that it cannot be accidentally changed.
- Unbalanced Outputs: Choice if 1/4 and RCA stereo outputs for easy patching with studio and consumer audio equipment.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Transformer: Radial transformer
- Number of channels: Stereo (dual mono)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 18KHz (+0dB/ -3dB)
- Dynamic range: 130dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.005% @ 1kHz
- Phase Deviation: 1.5? @ 100Hz; 3? @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 1.3k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 1.9k Ohms
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: -76dB
- Maximum Input: +20dBu @ 1kHz/1% THD+N
- Ground lift, Level Control
- Input Connectors: Balanced XLR
- Output Connectors: 1/4", RCA and 3.5mm TRS unbalanced output
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis
- Size (L x W x D): 8.4cm x 12.7cm x 4.8cm (3.3" x 5" x 2")
- Weight: 0.7 kg (1.55 lbs)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 10.2cm x 7.6cm x 16.5cm (4" x 3" x 6.5")
- Shipping weight: 0.87 kg (1.92 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5?C and 40?C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable