Radial ProRMP Passive Reamper w Custom Transformer
Studio ReamperFor years, Reamping has been the ësecret weaponí for countless recordings by the biggest names in the business! Few realize that recording engineers not only Reamp guitars, but often Reamp bass, keyboards, drums and even voice as a means to bring creative new tones and sonic signatures to their music.
Reamping for every studioThe Radial ProRMP is a 100% passive Reamper. This means it does not require any external powering. The magic behind the ProRMP's great tone is a custom wound transformer that at once converts the balanced line level source to a hi-z output for your amp while also acting as an electrical isolator to eliminate troublesome ground loops that can often cause buzz and hum in the sound. Plug and play easy to use, the ProRMP connects from the recorder to your amp and effects units and does all the impedance matching for you. Just adjust the level to suit!
Reamping Step-1Record the guitar track using a Radial direct box like the Pro48. This splits the signal so that the guitar player can hear his amp while you capture the clean (dry) performance.
Reamping Step-2Send the dry track from your recording system to the ProRMP. This then feeds your guitar amp and pedals. Adjust the tone and move the mics until you get the sound you want.
Using the ProRMP with a wireless systemMost wireless systems simply do not sound all that good. Take the balanced output from the wireless and send it through the ProRMP. You will be amazed at the warmth!
Play pre-recorded tracks through amps and pedals.
On board level control for fine tuning amp level.
Transformer isolated to eliminate buzz and hum.
Opens the door to creative new tones and textures.
- XLR Input: Receive balanced +4dB line level
- Lift: Disconnects ground at the XLR pin-3. Helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- Output: Hi-Z 1/4" output connects to guitar amp or effect pedals. This output provides the primary ground path for the ProRMP.
- Level: Lets you set the output from your recording system so that it matches the level from your guitar.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer isolated
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0/-1dB)
- Dynamic range: >137dB
- Gain: >-10dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.003%
- Phase Deviation: 0.3? @ 100Hz; 5? @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 600 Ohms
- Output Impedance: 600 Ohms, balanced
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: 100dB @ 60Hz (unbalanced source)
- Equivalent Input Noise: >-98dBu Noise plus gain
- Noise: -111dBu
- Maximum Input: >+26dBu
- Input pad, 180? polarity reverse, Ground lift
- Input Connectors: XLR
- Output Connectors: 1/4"
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.55 lbs (720 g)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5?C and 40?C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable